• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    So I'm hesitant to post this...

I recently bought a CZ82. I know how they come apart I had just never taken one down before (never owned one).
    After shooting it recently, I set about to disassemble it and clean it. I know the trigger guard comes off first. But for the life of me, I can't get it off. I pulled with everything I've got and I just can't get it off. Is there some secret to getting this thing off or am I just a weak 12 year old girl with pretty hair bows?

:sad20:

Jibriel

Nov 7, 2012
    Howard County

He takes it down around 8:10

You're not being a 12 y/o girl, I have trouble with mine sometimes. Either it's normal or we're both 12 y/o girls.

qajaq

Oct 4, 2013
    Magazine removed?

Did you remove the magazine first? If you don't pop that out, you'll never get the guard to move down and release the slide.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Once you take the magazine out, put your index finger (or first two fingers) inside the trigger guard, then put your thumb in front of the guard, and against the frame (below the barrel). Pull with your fingers and push with your thumb at the same time.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Matt,

That trigger guard is new. It tends to grip a lot stronger than one that's been field stripped a few hundred times over the years. It actually has loosened up considerably since it was first installed and I'm sure it will get easier over time.

One thing to think of when you're trying to field strip, though... That trigger guard doesn't just simply pull down. You can pull down on it until your face turns blue, it's not going to let go. As machodoc said, when breaking it down, I hook my index finger through the bottom of the trigger guard and place my thumb along the slide right under the barrel. Then, you need to exert downward pressure, but you also need to be pulling the trigger guard slightly forward, towards the muzzle, as you pull down. Do that and it will drop right open.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Matt,

That trigger guard is new. It tends to grip a lot stronger than one that's been field stripped a few hundred times over the years. It actually has loosened up considerably since it was first installed and I'm sure it will get easier over time.

One thing to think of when you're trying to field strip, though... That trigger guard doesn't just simply pull down. You can pull down on it until your face turns blue, it's not going to let go. As machodoc said, when breaking it down, I hook my index finger through the bottom of the trigger guard and place my thumb along the slide right under the barrel. Then, you need to exert downward pressure, but you also need to be pulling the trigger guard slightly forward, towards the muzzle, as you pull down. Do that and it will drop right open.

That's what made the difference for me...pull forward and down.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Matt,

Yeah I gotta give it another go. I pulled on that thing forever-finally gave up and put it back in the safe. Felt like a little girl. I took it shooting a couple weeks ago with a bunch of other stuff. Laid everything out to clean. Got to the CZ and couldn't open it. Looked up some youtube vids...nothing. Still couldn't get it to budge. Finally got fed up and put it back in the safe. I'll break it out tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    OP, you're overdoing it; get a 10 year old girl and she'll have it stripped down for you in no time.

Hey, somebody had to say it.....................:lol2:

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    stop taking it apart, it is a pain in the ass to put back together. I stripped mine down to a bare reciever before and it took me three days to put it back together right.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    You're not a girl. I have two. One my 3yr old could probably open. The other takes a wood dowel through the guard and a hammer. It had several thou interference between the back of the guard and the frame where it pivots. It had to be hammered in and out even when i drove out the pivot pin. Not sure how it ever got past inspection. I compared measurements to my other one and the frame wasn't machined correctly on one side. You could see the step the tool left. I carefully filed it. Still REALLY tight but it doable w/o a hammer now.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Yeah I gotta give it another go. I pulled on that thing forever-finally gave up and put it back in the safe. Felt like a little girl. I took it shooting a couple weeks ago with a bunch of other stuff. Laid everything out to clean. Got to the CZ and couldn't open it. Looked up some youtube vids...nothing. Still couldn't get it to budge. Finally got fed up and put it back in the safe. I'll break it out tomorrow and give it a whirl.

It will come. The forward pressure in combination with the downward pressure is the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom