• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Many wonderful stories were shared with me in meeting and talking with Don’s family members and friends at a reception the family hosted following the burial service.

Don’s father told me a favorite family story that he specifically asked me to share with the Maryland Shooters community about Don, when Don was very young and the family lived in Scottsdale, Arizona.

You might call it the Maryland Shooters “origin story” - - and it’s a story I felt privileged to hear, and one Don, Sr. thought you might like to know.

It’s midnight, so I’ll be back to share that story soon.
    Has the story have been shared here?

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Though I was going crazy when I first saw this thread. Remembered he had died last year. Still great to remember him for all he did for the forum and the people who come here.! Still remembered - Never forgotten!

dgphoffman

Sep 30, 2022
    Mckees rocks , Pa.
    I don't have the details yet, but two people have reached out to me to let me know that our founder and friend, DD214, passed away this morning.

I keep hoping that he'll respond with one of his patented remarks along the lines of, "the rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated" or something similar, but I am assured that it is not to be the case.

Don was a visionary for what has become MDShooters and never put himself into the front lines of the day to day operations, but he was the impetus behind this community and was the engine that made things run smoothly in the background.

Don was absent for a while after he handed off the operations to TexKev, and we had just reconnected after several years.

I have so much to say, but I'll suffice it to say that he was my friend, I am very sad, and that we have much gratitude for his vision, clarity and passion for what this community has become.

I haven't cried in a while, but I think I will now. Maybe I will post some things later on, but for now I am going to hoist a drink or three in his honor and memory.

Goodbye my friend.

I will post the details when I am informed of them.

GoFundMe Link for the educational fund for Don's children

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scholars...play&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer
    R.I.P.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Welcome aboard

Is Mancini bread still in McKees Rocks?

Please go to the Introductions forum, and post up, so we can know you better

Oh yeah, still going strong.

In March I came across a vendor at the gun show at the Oaks, Penna. who was wearing some Steelers gear. I made a comment about Mancini's Italian bread being the best bread in the world, and with that, he ducks down and pulls out a loaf. When he's home he gets all he wants, but didn't offer me even a slice. Doc figured it correctly...guy's a dick

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom