• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Once a member you should check out the e-store for ammo. If it's there, it's in stock. Price is delivered, no extra shipping or sales tax. The cheapest stuff is gone, but what is available is still not too bad.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    28 December 2020 - I mailed my purchase package for a a Special-Rack Grade. Sent 2-Day Priority/Certified Mail.

11 January 2021 - Purchase Package received in Anniston, AL at 2:08pm. Thanks USPS!!!

17 January 2021 - Noticed CMP website now listed Special-Racks as "SOLD OUT. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ORDERS ALREADY RECEIVED"

17 January 2021 - Emailed CMP asking if my order made it in before the cut off.

18 January 2021 - Awaiting response from CMP before I decide what I'm going to do next. I don't want to place another order and end up with two. If I missed out on this, I may just suck it up, pay the money and buy a really nice one off CMP's auction.

That's nice. That's exactly the grade I requested when I sent in my package. It was listed as "in stock" then. Now it's listed as "out of stock" and I'll bet my package hasn't arrived yet.

I'm starting to regret getting involved in this. COVID and politics has made a giant mess of everything.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    That's nice. That's exactly the grade I requested when I sent in my package. It was listed as "in stock" then. Now it's listed as "out of stock" and I'll bet my package hasn't arrived yet.

I'm starting to regret getting involved in this. COVID and politics has made a giant mess of everything.

This past Friday I emailed CMP and ask if my order got in before they ran out.

Just got a response - doesn't really answer my question though:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 2.51.10 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 2.51.10 PM.png
      7.7 KB · Views: 225

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So, chances are, anything that only recently became "out of stock" is still available, but they don't want to get into a situation where there are more backorders than product available. They did this right after they opened back up last year to keep folks from continuing to inundate them with orders so that they could catch up.

Tactikool

Jun 30, 2020
    This past Friday I emailed CMP and ask if my order got in before they ran out.

Just got a response - doesn't really answer my question though:

I shot off an email yesterday. This gives me some hope that my order made it and is still in the pipeline. Hopefully I get the same response.

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    So I am finishing my paperwork att. Looking at getting a service grade piece. For those that have received a service grade one how have you liked it. Watching some YouTubes of people who have received them look real nice.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So I am finishing my paperwork att. Looking at getting a service grade piece. For those that have received a service grade one how have you liked it. Watching some YouTubes of people who have received them look real nice.

I quite like my service-grade rifle. It is likely one of the most accurate C&R pieces I have (outside of my K31) Operation is flawless and the stock, receiver, and some other parts are original to the gun while the op-rod and bolt are mismatched. I got a Springfield as luck of the draw at the time.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    They're just now fulfilling orders from mid-October? Oye... Ok.

I only care about one thing: Did they receive my package? That's all that matters. I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait. I just don't want my waiting to be for naught.

Edit: Well, I sent a polite email inquiring if my order package had arrived. I explained that I am aware of the backlog and delays and that I appreciate their effort and hard work.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I just sent another order off this afternoon. This time for a luck of the draw Service Grade SA or H&R.

I said screw it and paid for Priority Express, Next Day Delivery. It supposed to be there by 3pm tomorrow - we shall see how that plays out.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    @Trepang- email cmpforums@thecmp.org and tell them that you never received your activation email. I received a response and "Amy" activated my account.

A "Melissa" responded to a separate email inquiry and said she'd look for my order package.

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    I just dropped of my packet at to post office and sent it Priority mail express. Suppose to arrive by 1500 on Monday. Going for a service grade. Good Luck to all who have submitted there paperwork.

Tactikool

Jun 30, 2020
    I just dropped of my packet at to post office and sent it Priority mail express. Suppose to arrive by 1500 on Monday. Going for a service grade. Good Luck to all who have submitted there paperwork.

This is my first time ordering a Garand from CMP, hopefully my order comes through.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    They're just now fulfilling orders from mid-October? Oye... Ok.

I only care about one thing: Did they receive my package? That's all that matters. I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait. I just don't want my waiting to be for naught.

Edit: Well, I sent a polite email inquiring if my order package had arrived. I explained that I am aware of the backlog and delays and that I appreciate their effort and hard work.

The CMP got my packet October 1st, 2020. Didn't get the DBU email until December 1st. And finally got the rifle a few days before Christmas. I too was worried about confirming they actually got it and hesitant to send all of the personal information so I ended up sending it Fedex overnight.

Worth the wait though. I got a early 1944 SA with good bbl numbers and new CMP wood. The wait also gave me some time to stock up on ammo for it as it was my first M1 Garand. Also the case it comes in is very nice.

Tactikool

Jun 30, 2020
    The CMP got my packet October 1st, 2020. Didn't get the DBU email until December 1st. And finally got the rifle a few days before Christmas. I too was worried about confirming they actually got it and hesitant to send all of the personal information so I ended up sending it Fedex overnight.

Worth the wait though. I got a early 1944 SA with good bbl numbers and new CMP wood. The wait also gave me some time to stock up on ammo for it as it was my first M1 Garand. Also the case it comes in is very nice.

I made the rookie mistake of send mine by regular mail, so I don’t have a confirmed receipt date and I mailed it off mid-October. I never received a DBU email so we’ll see.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Just got an email about my order (placed the weekend of the 16th or 23rd, can’t remember off the top of my head) and they said they are currently entering orders into their system placed on October 26.
    bf622027fbb3b2d153da12561a1efd1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Just got an email about my order (placed the weekend of the 16th or 23rd, can’t remember off the top of my head) and they said they are currently entering orders into their system placed on October 26.
    bf622027fbb3b2d153da12561a1efd1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they're running way behind it seems. Sorry, are you saying your order was placed on the 16th or 23rd of January or October?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom