What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dang you do need that powder!
    From my Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro (ABLP) days, I have gotten into the habit of loading everything in a given caliber before changing to another.
    The Lee ABLP is a great inexpensive progressive once it is tuned in. The problem is changing calibers is easily a 45min-1.5hr process to get fine tuned. Even when returning to a previously tuned caliber, you have to go through the same process. Because of this, Dillon is far superior, but $$$.
    This comment will ruffle some feathers... If space wasn't an issue, it would be a toss-up between a Dillon XL750 or 4-5 Lee ABLP, one for each caliber and still saving significant money. An entire ABLP costs less than a Dillon caliber conversion kit + toolhead.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    From my Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro (ABLP) days, I have gotten into the habit of loading everything in a given caliber before changing to another.
    The Lee ABLP is a great inexpensive progressive once it is tuned in. The problem is changing calibers is easily a 45min-1.5hr process to get fine tuned. Even when returning to a previously tuned caliber, you have to go through the same process. Because of this, Dillon is far superior, but $$$.
    This comment will ruffle some feathers... If space wasn't an issue, it would be a toss-up between a Dillon XL750 or 4-5 Lee ABLP, one for each caliber and still saving significant money. An entire ABLP costs less than a Dillon caliber conversion kit + toolhead.

Hey what will you trade me for an unused Lee 4000 press? I have most of the parts. Press itself is 100% complete but I got a 6-pack press and took the powder drop because they didn't have the deluxe 6-pack kit in stock. I think I have 2 plates. 44 mag and 6.5 grendel. Just looked I think I just have the 44 mag plate. If I come up this weekend I can bring that too. I need primers and 6.5 grendel brass.

Last edited:

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Lee often has progressives on closeouts. I grabbed a second lee pro 6000 because I did not want to mess with my first pro6000 set up as a 9mm dedicated press. I believe they still offer free shipping for orders over 75+. I have to call in and have them put the order on ebay to bypass their "can't ship to md because of tax nexus policy" though.

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

Hey what will you trade me for an unused Lee 4000 press? I have most of the parts. Press itself is 100% complete but I got a 6-pack press and took the powder drop because they didn't have the deluxe 6-pack kit in stock. I think I have 2 plates. 44 mag and 6.5 grendel. If I come up this weekend I can bring that too. I need primers and 6.5 grendel brass.
    I have you covered on the primers. As for presses, I have: Dillon XL650, Lee ABLP, Lee Classic Turret and Lee single stage "C" press. I do not need another press.
    I would check out this for brass. https://www.druidhillarmory.com/sto...ass-Limit-1000-Cases-per-Household-p413717138
    This is live Hornady ammo for a good price, and local. https://www.mmiammo.com/products/hornady-090255716368-fr700-5392

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Brass Prep on 30 pieces of Norma 223 to use for testing a natoreloading.com load of Benchmark and 60gr Vmax. I've never been able to get better than 2-3 MOA with my .223 bolt or Wylde AR and have been searching for something better. (Granted I am probably only a 1MOA shooter at best, but I should be able to improve on these .223 rifles)

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Nothing! Not one round.

Because Elk Neck is shut down for "Lead Abatement". Like it takes all GD season to take a backhoe and dig out bullets.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Hey what will you trade me for an unused Lee 4000 press? I have most of the parts. Press itself is 100% complete but I got a 6-pack press and took the powder drop because they didn't have the deluxe 6-pack kit in stock. I think I have 2 plates. 44 mag and 6.5 grendel. Just looked I think I just have the 44 mag plate. If I come up this weekend I can bring that too. I need primers and 6.5 grendel brass.
    I have a box of 50 new Norma 6.5 Grendel brass I bought to convert to 6 ARC. Don’t need the Grendel brass anymore.

Feb 15, 2024
    Frederick County
    Brass Prep on 30 pieces of Norma 223 to use for testing a natoreloading.com load of Benchmark and 60gr Vmax. I've never been able to get better than 2-3 MOA with my .223 bolt or Wylde AR and have been searching for something better. (Granted I am probably only a 1MOA shooter at best, but I should be able to improve on these .223 rifles)
    BenchMark is what I’m using in my bolt rifles 223 & 223 AI.
    I’m at 1/2 a grain under Hodgdon’s max for very good accuracy for the 223 and a 50 grain ballistic tip.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    BenchMark is what I’m using in my bolt rifles 223 & 223 AI.
    I’m at 1/2 a grain under Hodgdon’s max for very good accuracy for the 223 and a 50 grain ballistic tip.
    Second this. I ran pretty hot loads of Benchmark in my 12 twist 223 for 40s and.55s. My buddy has the rifle now and uses my same load data. Stupid easy to find tight ESs.

Hopefully this is my last week of being out of work post-surgery. I decided to go all in on .44 Magnum, especially because I only had 800 LPM left.
    Happy Magnum Monday!!!

Attachments

• 20240429_130945.jpg
      20240429_130945.jpg
      506.7 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98