• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    This. I called, verified what I needed and then sent in the forms. Did not realize it, but they had my club as expiring 31 December 2015 when it is really 1 March 2016. Fixed that issue on the phone. That, and I my notary was out of date by a few weeks.

If you're talking about Berwyn Rod & Gun, that might bite me in the backside

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Dang! At 500 orders per tub - That's 11,000 rifles!

I hope the CMP continues their practice of going in Alphabetical order when filling orders.

Folks like "cantstop", "dreadpirate" and "arcamm" are shoe-ins.
    "yellowsled" and "why2kmax" are not so good.

I kid! I kid!

:rofl:

Didn't you see the memo, they are now going in order of CMP customer number with the lowest numbers first. That way the customers who have supported the CMP longest get the best rifles. :D

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Looks like I didn't make it, my USPS tracking is still "in transit". Hopefully that just means it hasn't updated, but I may have learned a $685 lesson in why not to ever trust the Post Office when something really needs fast delivery.

:(

Well, that does means I'll have the money to spend on other things on my "I want it" list, so there's a bright side!

I think it unlikely they all sell out on Monday. You can say "I told you so" if I am wrong - just my gut feeling.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Oh crap - looks like they are selling out on Monday. The CMP Facebook page:

"CARBINE UPDATE!
    23 tubs of mail + UPS & FedEx = SOLD OUT! This has to be some type of CMP record!"

If mine did not arrive today I am screwed.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I didn't know you collected "pop guns". :innocent0

Flimsy pop guns. I have a Daisy BB gun too.

"Junk will accumulate to fill the available space." - 27th Corollary to Murphy's Law.

I have a lot of junk around here. I even have a few Mosins.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
      IMG_0978.jpg
      96.1 KB · Views: 277

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Maybe this is just pure wishful thinking; but I swear 2 weeks ago I went on the CMP E Store site to order ammo (or maybe a bayonet) and it said I needed to update my Gun Club membership. I did so in this application I just sent. Well just now, I went to the E Store and my account seems to have been updated and that lien removed. Could it be they got to my order???

PS - good damn thing I did that cause I would have forgot to send it.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They got such a large response they put the brakes on to stop any more orders coming. However the orders they receive on Tuesday and those already in the mail that will trickle in won't be canceled or sent back until they sort through all of Mondays orders and match them up with available rifles. My guess is all the proper orders that came in Monday will probably get rifles and at least some if not most of Tuesday's orders will have a shot. They have "Sold Out" on some previous popular items and when the dust cleared they reopened the orders because they had more stock than orders received. It is better for them to close it early than to have to return a lot of orders unfilled. People blame themselves if they did not order fast enough but they will blame the seller if the order gets canceled.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    From what I read on the CMP forum, it could be weeks before we even have a clue if we won or not...

This pretty much sums it up. Until you credit card gets charged, you won't know for sure.

Anyone planning a road trip to hit one of the stores on Thursday? Sounds like they will still put some on the racks, but no one is saying how many.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I guess I am frustrated that I would like just one, and I see those that have like 5-10 already and are trying to get another. Cant a dog get a bone?

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    For those not following the CMP Forums:

Per CMP Chief Operating Officer Mark Johnson:

"Time stamps are impossible. All 23 tubs of mail arrived at the same time, so consider each one time stamped the identical same time if it makes you feel better. We will randomly pick and process from 1 Feb. stack of orders. We received over 5000 orders for a little more than 1000 Carbines on hand. We hope to receive close to a 1000 more in the next week or so. We will process orders for the first 1000 or so on hand Carbines and then fill back orders with the 1000 or so that are on the way to us now... The 1000 or so on the way to us now are from Army inventory."

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    So, 40% chance of receiving a carbine if your order arrived Monday. 0% chance of a carbine if your order arrives after Monday.
    This sale could have been managed in a far more efficient manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom