• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I was over on the CMP forum last night and it looks like mostly field grades going out this week (both shipping and DBU emails). A lot of speculation that it means they are near the end since last week it was service grades with new wood going out and now that they are onto field grades they are hitting the bottom of the barrel. I don't know about that... might just mean the last few pallets of carbines they processed ended up being field grades IMO. Time will tell.

I think some of the people getting FGs now had DBUs from 3/22, so CMP did appear to send out all the SGs first before they sent out any more FGs, but that doesn't mean they won't go through that iteration again. Hopefully, as carbines leak in from the Army they just go back to their 2/1 and 2/2 orders. They're still calling up people who ordered Aguila .22 three years ago to offer them whatever ammo they get in, so there is some precident for it.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Well I am not sure what to think yet. As stated above I put in order in for 30.06 ammo from the the CMP yesterday afternoon. By the way it was shipped yesterday as well!!! That is fast. It is due to arrive on Friday by COB.

Anyway, I was just in the e-store and I don't have any pending orders and my ammo order was moved to past orders. I log into my credit card and I see the charge from CMP for the $115 ammo and also a pending charge listed for $1.00 with no additional info.

Could I have been selected for the carbine? Time will tell.

False Alarm :envy: Hopes shattered. Apparently it was the same charge for the ammo. Authorized by CMP once they received it and confirmed after it shipped. Oh well

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Some chatter over at the CMP forums that the Carbine inventory has been exhausted.

e322d1109f696d7bf45e52814a880c4d.jpg

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I just don't understand why they would not notify anyone. IMO all orders that were received on

2/1 should have had an email go out that states, we received your order and you should receive an update in 2 months.

4/1 - All Carbines have been accounted for and X number of names have been randomly selected for said carbines. You were not selected but we will keep you updated on the progress.

Orlando

I just don't understand why they would not notify anyone. IMO all orders that were received on

2/1 should have had an email go out that states, we received your order and you should receive an update in 2 months.

4/1 - All Carbines have been accounted for and X number of names have been randomly selected for said carbines. You were not selected but we will keep you updated on the progress.

When its offically over they will notify you. I would also check your spam folder, you may have already been notified

Orlando

Director of operations stated that notifications will be going out next week. 8000 of them

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Just got this email:

reetings,

If you are receiving this email, we regret to inform you, you did not make the cut for the M1 Carbine you ordered thru CMP. We had over 8,000 orders and only a small number of Carbines. If you mailed in new information or are a new customer, we are in the process of updating those files. We have a large number of customers still to update, so please give us a couple of months before checking to see if your information has been updated.

We appreciate your support of CMP.

Thank you,

Mark Johnson
    CMP Chief Operating Officer

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Just got this email:

reetings,

If you are receiving this email, we regret to inform you, you did not make the cut for the M1 Carbine you ordered thru CMP. We had over 8,000 orders and only a small number of Carbines. If you mailed in new information or are a new customer, we are in the process of updating those files. We have a large number of customers still to update, so please give us a couple of months before checking to see if your information has been updated.

Thank you,

Mark Johnson
    Got the same email. Good news is that I have $700 to spend!

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Just got this email:

reetings,

Thank you,

Mark Johnson

I just got this as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120