• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm not going to fret about it. I got a carbine when they were plentiful about 10 years ago. If my luck is out, I've got more money to spend on something else.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    DBU emails have begin to go out. Sadly I have not gotten one.

A few folks over at the CMP forums claim to have gotten their DBUs. If they are sending out 10x to 20x the number of DBUs as being reported, it's going to be a couple of months before the last one is sent out.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I too believe that they are way behind in sending out confirmations or DBU's. I am just going to wait it out and hope that I got one. My order was received at 8:45 or something on 2/1 but if they are randomly selecting them, the chances are just as good as anyone who got the order in on Monday. I think they are in the very early stages of this process.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I have no idea how many letters they can process in a day or how many Garand orders they normally get in a week. I'm guessing they can process about 100 letters per day.

I'm sure the folks at the CMP will give everyone that sent in a Carbine order all of the rights of a normal Garand order. That means some orders could take a while to process to verify eligibility or to handle NICS check delays. Some orders will sail right through. In the mean time more mail orders are arriving every day.

Any way you look at it, it could be after Easter before you get a Carbine order filled or denied.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Well, the USPS sucks, I paid for the priority with sig and it was supposed to arrive on Monday but it didn't arrive until Tuesday at 11:05am. So since CMP sold out the first day that means I won't be getting one. I'm so pissed. I don't want to buy an auto ordnance para trooper for $845.

For those of you who lost out and are wringing your hands and moaning, let me tell you how I find/buy M1 Carbines. I haven't bought one from CMP since 2009 when I picked up a nice NPM at Camp Perry for $575, and this is the only Carbine that I've purchased directly from CMP. I own all the major mfrs' rifles.

Since 2009, I've purchased 7-8 Carbines, some off the CMP Carbine forum (a free sales site for CMP members) and a few from GunBroker sellers.

This week, for example, I paid $850 for a nice Underwood that was sold by CMP in 2009. It's in fine shape and has a Type 1 front band, original style flip sight and it's Bavarian Rural Police marked.

Never have cared for the pig in a poke system that CMP uses...many have received fine rifles, but some have been thoroughly disappointed and sent them back.

I am currently selling a "corrected" Winchester M1 Carbine on GunBroker where my handle is Good Guy 176. The rifle was corrected by a previous owner and is all Winchester as far as I can determine.

Lew--Ranger63

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Well, the USPS sucks, I paid for the priority with sig and it was supposed to arrive on Monday but it didn't arrive until Tuesday at 11:05am. So since CMP sold out the first day that means I won't be getting one. I'm so pissed. I don't want to buy an auto ordnance para trooper for $845.

USPS has not delivered anything for me on time lately. Took them 17 days to get a Garand to Montana last year, they lost $1,275 of MOs of mine in 2014, took 12 days to get a check to SC recently, and took 13 days to get another Garand to Long Island in 2014 and then told me "we'll know where it is when it gets there."

Unfortunately, USPS MOs are the preferred method of payment and so we are tied to their failed system.

And, UPS isn't any better. Got a M1 Garand a few weeks ago and it had clearly been mishandled during its ride to Laurel. I stopped using them 2 years ago when one of their jerks insisted that an IBM M1 Carbine had to be shipped to a FFL01 (dealer). I had the buyer's FFL03 (collector) license in hand, so I bitched her out and left in a huff and will never use UPS again.

Lew--Ranger63

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I can't believe no one on this thread has received a notification yet, at least one of the folks who got their order in by Monday had to have won the lottery?

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    If you believe cmp forums some already received rifles. I've heard nothing yet

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 II using Tapatalk

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm holding up buying something else over this. I just want to know. Im afraid to shell out the cash for something only to be whacked by cmp for 685.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 II using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I can't believe no one on this thread has received a notification yet, at least one of the folks who got their order in by Monday had to have won the lottery?

The CMP is very inconsistent about processing orders. I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't get a DBU for another week or two.

I've always gotten a DBU, eventually.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If you believe cmp forums some already received rifles. I've heard nothing yet

Well, the folks that bought their rifles at the south store last Thursday and had them shipped (to avoid AL state tax of 10%) have received them. Other than that, folks on the CMP forums have been pretty up front about their orders and the status.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well, the folks that bought their rifles at the south store last Thursday and had them shipped (to avoid AL state tax of 10%) have received them. Other than that, folks on the CMP forums have been pretty up front about their orders and the status.

I would even be happy if I got a no-go letter so I could make other plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom