• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If I don't get my M48 soon, I'm going to fly to CA and kick some butt. Paid for it on December 17th. This is getting ridiculous.

Seller might have waited until after the holidays to minimize risk of shipping damage. I have a C&R rifle being delivered today that I bought on Dec 16th. The dealer told me he would wait until now for shipping and I was fine with it. What had me worried is a rifle delivered on Dec 23rd from another dealer that thankfully showed up without issue.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Seller might have waited until after the holidays to minimize risk of shipping damage. I have a C&R rifle being delivered today that I bought on Dec 16th. The dealer told me he would wait until now for shipping and I was fine with it. What had me worried is a rifle delivered on Dec 23rd from another dealer that thankfully showed up without issue.

I don't think that's the case here, unfortunately. The place (Little John's Auction) is completely disorganized. They never sent me an invoice, yet they charged my credit card. When I called 2 weeks later, they finally sent me an invoice and gave me FFL instructions. I sent my FFL. 1 week later, I called and the woman told me that "everyone that worked here no longer works here." She said that she couldn't find my FFL, so I resent it. That was 6 days ago. She said she would e-mail me that day with an update. I've received nothing. They are closed on Mondays, but I'm going to give them (nicely) an earful tomorrow and tell them to get their stuff together.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I don't think that's the case here, unfortunately. The place (Little John's Auction) is completely disorganized. They never sent me an invoice, yet they charged my credit card. .....

It sounds like they had either a mass exodus or mass firing. Little John's is usually *pretty* good, but they often run really big auctions that move along at a very fast clip. If their people walked out and sabotaged what was on the books along the way, they probably have a real nightmare on their hands.

Sorry that you apparently got caught up in something like that.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Just got my 91/30 I ordered from Buds last week (yeah I know a lot of you hate Buds)

Didn't do too bad. As usual, the bolt was sticking out of the box, but strangely they had packaged it much better than usual. Came with Tool kit without a pouch, oil bottle, and bayonet.

Round receiver 1943 Izzy, laminated stock (Yay!). Has a bit of rust on the rear sight, no big deal. Isn't caked in cosmoline. PW ARMS import.

The stock is in much better shape than most of the Mosins I've bought from places offering them in bulk amounts. Usually there are plenty of dings and scratches, this one looks quite good.

Attachments

• buds1.jpg
      buds1.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 250
    • buds2.jpg
      buds2.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 251

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    NICE!
    I love the look of the laminated stock. Does not have that wartime look but still. NICE

Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I was really intending to save money this year. So much for that resolution - didn't even make it a week.

Oh well, 1915 DWM to join the others. The condition was just too good to pass up and I didn't have a 1915 - plus it makes sense that its 2015 and all?

16232403411_4853039011_z.jpg

16046752158_112885957b_z.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was really intending to save money this year. So much for that resolution - didn't even make it a week.

Oh well, 1915 DWM to join the others. The condition was just too good to pass up and I didn't have a 1915 - plus it makes sense that its 2015 and all?

Holy poop that looks great

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    My Nagant M1895 arrived from AIM today! I paid the extra $10 for handpick. I couldn't be happier with the revolver that arrived!

Photos are here

As you can see, it's a 1921. One of the photos shows the Tula marking clearer than the other, but some lint from the cleaning patches makes it look scratched. Another photo shows the excellent condition better, but the markings didn't show up as clearly. You can also see that the import marking is extremely subtle, a single line on the underside of the barrel, mostly hidden by the ejector rod.

And it has the wood grips!

An excellent score at an excellent price! Thanks, AIM!

(Cross-posted to Nagant pistols)

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Very nice pick!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Looks Schhweeeet! I bought a 1920 Commercial DWM in 30 Luger a few months back myself. Also ended the year by putting a deposit on a pretty nice Colt 2nd series Woodsman.

:thumbsup:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    My Yugo M48 and Swedish M96 that I paid for on 12/17/14 still have not shipped. The seller told me that they didn't realize how low on long rifle shipping boxes they were and ran out. They had to order more, which they get from a private distributor, and those haven't come in yet. I'm not very experienced with online auctions, but it seems to me that if you're a seller, you've taken $600+ from someone, you run out of boxes and you're still out of boxes almost a month later, you need to drive your butt down to Fed Ex or UPS and buy a damn box.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    A auction house that wants repeat business, yes, they should make things right.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

This was a wise decision! At work I arranged for a lab oven to be shipped to LA two weeks before Christmas as the customer couldn't wait until after the holidays. It didn't arrive as scheduled on the 18th and disappeared into the UPS system. They finally found it on Jan 5, luckily intact, in the corner of a major hub where it spent the holidays. Best to not take the risk!

Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011

I agree that is a smart thing (I just had something similar happen on a purchase). The key is for the dealer/shipper to keep you in the loop as yours (and mine) did so everyone is on the same page - basic customer service points.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I agree that is a smart thing (I just had something similar happen on a purchase). The key is for the dealer/shipper to keep you in the loop as yours (and mine) did so everyone is on the same page - basic customer service points.

You mean like when you submit a question about a bolt number 10 days before an auction and then 2 hours after the auction starts you get an email from the auctioneer that says "due to the overwhelming interest in the auction, we weren't able to answer your question"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom