• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikebiker

Mar 16, 2009
    I submitted my application on the 1st and all boxes show completed and one N/A. It looks like I am just waiting on final approval and issue.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Same here submitted at 4:30pm and been checking in on it every 15 min or so. At 10:30am this morning everything but DHMH went to completed. Just waiting on that now.

just checked mine and the DHMH is complete now. everything's complete. the first page has the license itself listed as pending.

it'll be interesting to see how long from this point it takes to actually have the license in hand

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    So what happens when all of the checks have been completed ?

According to the law, they must approve or disapprove your application within 30 days.

I know some people are theorizing the HQLs may come in the mail a lot sooner, but I'm going the opposite way. Based on their (lack of) performance on the background checks, I'm thinking they will not even meet the 30 day requirement, as there is no recourse or penalty if they don't.

I hope I'm wrong, my app was 100% complete on 10/2.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm with you on this. They weren't allowed to put the system in place until 12:01 Oct 1, they usually take the full 90 days to issue ccw so I'd be willing to bet they'll be a mass mailing of HQLs in three weeks.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    I got a letter like that when I got printed/checked for a county government job.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I'm curious as to why so many folks are jumping through the "training" hoops, proof and uploads?

I understand why if you do not already own a regulated firearm that's in the MSP system.But if you do own one it's one of the exemptions to the training requirement. It's much easier to fill in the firearm info on the app and be done with it. Notice where it says "HQL Training Exempt" in the first screenshot below.

I can't imagine there are that many folks who have been through training courses and don't have at least one regulated firearm. Maybe I'm wrong...

From 3PM today (when I submitted the app) to 4PM everything is marked completed except DHMH. Maybe those folks are busy on Fridays letting out the weekend loonies so they can go to B'more.

I think DHMH has pretty uniformly been the slowest to get their part done. It was for me and for just about everyone else on this forum it seems.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I am envisioning a large stack of 100% "complete" HQL Applications sitting on MOM's desk with a post-it on the top that says "Pending." Mom requests his assistant to calculate 30 days from the application date for each. Doogie Gansler and Matthew Fader are standing in the background saying "MOM, we have to appear in court on Tuesday and Matt already told Judge Blake that the system is up and running as of October 1." And Superintendent Brown is off to the side saying "what difference does it make Doogie, I already told everyone MSP wouldn't enforce the law - what s the big deal anyway?"

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    It sat unchecked all weekend and Wow! 9:30 am Monday is almost done

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/04/13
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/07/13
    LiveScan Completed Oct/07/13
    Training Waived Oct/07/13
    NICS Completed Oct/07/13
    METERS Completed Oct/07/13
    CJIS Completed Oct/07/13
    MAFSS Completed Oct/07/13
    JIS Completed Oct/07/13
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/07/13
    DHMH Unchecked

Mr H

Banana'd
    I would still be interested in knowing, under what authority are they checking DHMH, to what extent, and who's doing the check?

If they are using the authority under an old waiver, is that OK to do? If not, then how are they given this authority, and what can be done about it?

If someone applying for the HQL has never previously purchased a Regulated Firearm, and is having DHMH checked without a prior waiver, what then??

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I would still be interested in knowing, under what authority are they checking DHMH, to what extent, and who's doing the check?

If they are using the authority under an old waiver, is that OK to do? If not, then how are they given this authority, and what can be done about it?

If someone applying for the HQL has never previously purchased a Regulated Firearm, and is having DHMH checked without a prior waiver, what then??

Maybe it's part of the HQL release of information in fine print when a person signs up for the HQL online? Not going in that dark place to find out.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Maybe it's part of the HQL release of information in fine print when a person signs up for the HQL online? Not going in that dark place to find out.

Nor am I...

But I've not seen anyone who has been in the bowels of the beast mention it.

If someone is bound and determined to venture there, if they could screenshot the entire process and post a redacted file of the results, it might be helpful.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    All done now I wait

MVA Photo Completed Oct/07/13
    LiveScan Completed Oct/07/13
    Training Waived Oct/07/13
    NICS Completed Oct/07/13
    METERS Completed Oct/07/13
    CJIS Completed Oct/07/13
    MAFSS Completed Oct/07/13
    JIS Completed Oct/07/13
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/07/13
    DHMH Completed Oct/07/13

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Looks like mine got wrapped up today too.

Item Status Complete Date
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/04/13
    LiveScan Completed Oct/04/13
    Training Completed Oct/07/13
    NICS Completed Oct/04/13
    METERS Completed Oct/04/13
    CJIS Completed Oct/04/13
    MAFSS Completed Oct/04/13
    JIS Completed Oct/04/13
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/04/13
    DHMH Completed Oct/07/13

Now... Stationary double-time. :rolleyes:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    It looks like a godamn backstage pass for a rock show ... Im not kidding:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was made larger than "wallet size" just to be spiteful. We are dealing with a bunch of idiot children here. :sad20:

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    wouldnt the hql checks be the same as the not disapproved things. so if they were done well then any one in the que for their not dissaproved would be done so that would be less of a backlog,not usre if the same folks do both or even if they talk to each other.
    there has to a blot of confusio9n up there now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom