• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeldonHunter

Apr 27, 2011
    Louisiana
    Is 7.62x45 still hard to get? Always liked the look of the VZ52

Sam at SGAmmo still has some in smaller quantities. https://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x45

Edit: Sam still had some as of last night but he's shut down his inventory until he catches up on shipping due to high order volume. His notice says he'll be taking orders again later this week once he catches up. To be honest this run on ammo rivals when Obama was elected the second time. I've seen a lot of runs on ammo and firearms since and this one is near the top if not worse.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sam at SGAmmo still has some in smaller quantities. https://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x45

Edit: Sam still had some as of last night but he's shut down his inventory until he catches up on shipping due to high order volume. His notice says he'll be taking orders again later this week once he catches up. To be honest this run on ammo rivals when Obama was elected the second time. I've seen a lot of runs on ammo and firearms since and this one is near the top if not worse.

First one for me. I'll admit I am glad I am sitting on a large pile. Downside is I bought a new gun I am waiting on my 7 days for this past weekend. In a caliber I didn't own :sad20:

So far Cabela's shipped me the few boxes I ordered from them next day. PA shipped me a couple of compliance mags next day also. Waiting on Classic and Target Sport to see if they ever ship me what I ordered. I suspect they will, just probably will be waiting another week or two.

Most people aren't Cheaper Than Dirt.

I did order some stuff from Sam this past Friday, but it was unrelated to my spur of the moment buy. I also assume I'll be waiting till next week (maybe late next week) to get it. Just some 9mm JHP stuff as I don't have much, but am sitting on a comfortable amount of FMJRN.

I feel the worst for those first time firearm buyers who choose this as the reason to own a firearm. Especially those in MD and other states that require you to be licensed and all of the hoops that means (like I bet you won't be able to take the required training now. Or you won't soon).

It does make me sad as I bet even in the best case scenario this ushers in a few years of really high ammo prices once everyone adjusts.

On the "well that's nice" side of things, at least online I haven't seen any of my usual go-to's suddenly jack up prices as a result of the rush. Now when they restock...I expect their prices are going to be up.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    A few items I have been tracking on Gunbroker have fewer people bidding and thus the final sales prices seem to be dropping.
    I think fear of having the item being able to be shipped in the next couple weeks is creeping in.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    A few items I have been tracking on Gunbroker have fewer people bidding and thus the final sales prices seem to be dropping.
    I think fear of having the item being able to be shipped in the next couple weeks is creeping in.

Not sure about that, I listed two the other day and the one i thought might not get a bid got one the first day , the other has 37 watchers. :D

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    does anyone have any experience with Royal Tiger Imports? I really like the look of the enfields they have in. They are showing about 124 of them at $499 each. Appear to be out of Africa. I have always wanted a No4MK1 and from what I can tell its a good price. Thoughts??

Thanks

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    does anyone have any experience with Royal Tiger Imports? I really like the look of the enfields they have in. They are showing about 124 of them at $499 each. Appear to be out of Africa. I have always wanted a No4MK1 and from what I can tell its a good price. Thoughts??

Thanks

I got on of of the cracked stock Chinese/Albanian SKS rifles years ago and no problems. Recently got a Surplus M16 parts kit for $299 then BAM, wanted to order a 2nd one and the website was down, they stopped returning calls. Then the came back up and prices were up. Don't know what to make of it though. Anything I purchased, I received quickly and was better than what was described. both said had cracks and both had minor cracks.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    I got on of of the cracked stock Chinese/Albanian SKS rifles years ago and no problems. Recently got a Surplus M16 parts kit for $299 then BAM, wanted to order a 2nd one and the website was down, they stopped returning calls. Then the came back up and prices were up. Don't know what to make of it though. Anything I purchased, I received quickly and was better than what was described. both said had cracks and both had minor cracks.

Great. Thank you. I hope to call them Monday and see what they have.

Seems they have a few different types of enfields. Will be my first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom