• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not unless you’re willing to pay what Simpson is asking.

Every K31 offered by Simpson is $695 but they sit and sit and sit.

Based on my observations, the “pull the trigger price” is right around $595.

But, if Classic is selling these “incredibly historic and collectible guns” at $699, then they will sell for $699 to all of the uneducated masses.

And, I see they want $599 for a K11? Simpson has them at $495 all day long.

I hate Classic.

Id trust Simpsons on condition compared to Classic any day. Simpsons is pricey but decent stuff and accurately described. Don't mind people making money but Classic is basically the Barnum and Bailey of the gun world, list things high make hype eventually the market comes to them. Frankly it appears to be working.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Yeah me too. Last year they were $100-150 less from Classic. I guess good for whomever over there is profiteering.

I still kind of want a K11 or K31 carbine. But not enough to pay those prices. Last year what they were going for maybe. Didn’t then, won’t now.

I have not been collecting for as many years as many here, but one thing I can tell you after 10 years of collecting is that, with the exception of M1 Garands, the prices on things today will never be cheaper tomorrow. If you want a K31 or K11, the price offered today will never be less than the price offered tomorrow.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have not been collecting for as many years as many here, but one thing I can tell you after 10 years of collecting is that, with the exception of M1 Garands, the prices on things today will never be cheaper tomorrow. If you want a K31 or K11, the price offered today will never be less than the price offered tomorrow.

It’s possible things will be cheaper. The next generation might lose interest and older collectors will die off.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It’s possible things will be cheaper. The next generation might lose interest and older collectors will die off.

There is that. Also estate sales.

I doubt value will come down. It’s mostly that I am interested, but K11/31 aren’t something I NEED in my life. Interesting guns and I’ve heard great things, but I don’t have the itch for them.

My wife doesn’t really like me owning guns. So she’s rather unhappy that I own well over a dozen. Once my kids are grown up she claims she’ll chill out about it a little more (not holding my breath). And unless I have a misfortune, my wife and I will be earning more and more as we push towards retirement. Plus once the kids have gone through college or trade school there won’t be that huge expense staring us in the face.

But for now I am focused on my bucket list as well as the 2 or 3 guns that aren’t bucket list, but I want/need for practical reasons.

If I get a wild hair in 20 years and decide I want a K31 carbine and they are $1200 or 1500 then...that sucks, but I’ll probably be a lot better off financially then I am now, so it might even be less sting then shelling out $699 today.

My bucket list is a 1903 Springfield, K98/Vz24 (torn, K98 more interesting historically, Cz24 a lot cheaper and I love Czech guns), Cz75, Browning High Power, 1911, PPK.

That’s about it really. I’ve got a few practical guns I want like a .357 revolver, Ruger PCC and a bolt action in .223 and in 6.5G.

Doesn’t mean some other guns might not work their way in there because I’ve run across a sweet deal, my tastes change or my wife loosens up on the gun thing.

I have a hard time resisting a deal and if someone told me they had a K11/K31 carbine for $300 in great shape, well my safe would just need to make a little room.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    It’s mostly that I am interested, but K11/31 aren’t something I NEED in my life. Interesting guns and I’ve heard great things, but I don’t have the itch for them.

I have a hard time resisting a deal and if someone told me they had a K11/K31 carbine for $300 in great shape, well my safe would just need to make a little room.

I felt that way when I started collecting. At that time, Simpson literally had pages and pages and pages of Swiss straight-pull rifles and carbines. There were so many other things on which I thought I wanted to spend my money, and I thought, at that time, that the Swiss guns were ugly. Then, in 2014, because an 03 FFL is really a burning ember in a man's pocket, I bought a K11 from SOG for $340. I received a K11 with serial number 9, converted from a Model 1900 short rifle, and a troop tag that I was able to trace back to a family that still lives in the soldier's town, and I started a dialogue with the soldier's son and got all kinds of pictures and information about him. Then, I took it to the range. Then, I was hooked.

K31s have really shot up in price over the last year or 2, but K11s are still pretty reasonable. Simpson regularly has them in the $495 to $565 range. I think you will be *very* hard-pressed to fine a decent K11 for less than $450 these days. Just not going to happen IMO. The internet has empowered too many people with too much price information.

I say this - if you want something, buy it today because there's a 99% chance it will cost you more tomorrow.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    It seems to me Romanian Toks and P64s will never go up in price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It seems to me Romanian Toks and P64s will never go up in price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, will an M57 mag work in a TT33? I know it would stick out, but I’d it the same dimensions with the same mag catch location? Just curious.

I doubt I’ll get a Romanian Tok, but I’d like to.

So much I’d like to get if my wife loosened up. But I like my marriage more than I like my guns.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    If anyone is looking for C&R longguns, we have a bunch in stock. 91/30's, M44, K98 variants, Swiss K31's, M1 Garands, SKS's. We are open today 7/27/19 from 2pm-6pm, also offering 10% off most everything in the store! Stop by and see us this afternoon!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If anyone is looking for C&R longguns, we have a bunch in stock. 91/30's, M44, K98 variants, Swiss K31's, M1 Garands, SKS's. We are open today 7/27/19 from 2pm-6pm, also offering 10% off most everything in the store! Stop by and see us this afternoon!

You are trying to get me in trouble with my wife, aren’t you :-)

I should be by today. Just not sure when. Probably on the later side.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Classic has a sale on Chinese SKS- $299

Attachments

• 407388D6-AE06-4C0B-AA31-12FFDAC5CCD3.jpg
      407388D6-AE06-4C0B-AA31-12FFDAC5CCD3.jpg
      58.2 KB · Views: 448

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was at South Carroll Sporting Goods last night and a GORGEOUS Ruger 44 mag carbine walked in the door to be placed on consignment. Things looks brand new. Clearly hasn’t been fired much. Not sure the price but if you’re looking for one, you won’t find one any nicer. Has the original manuals with it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was at South Carroll Sporting Goods last night and a GORGEOUS Ruger 44 mag carbine walked in the door to be placed on consignment. It looks brand new. Clearly hasn’t been fired much. Not sure the price but if you’re looking for one, you won’t find one any nicer. Has the original manuals with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom