• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    So... I'm bidding and likely to win a Radom Vis-35 soon for a VERY reasonable price. The catch? No Magazine Catch! The part seems to be unobtanium at present which is why I suspect the price is so low and no one wants to bite on it. Well... I do.

So, does anyone know if a substitute part exists? They are VERY similar to the 1911 magazine catch, except about 1/4th or so smaller (guesstimate). Alternatively, anyone know a person who would be able to fabricate from scratch a replacement? I'm willing to toss cash to make this pistol a fully working good shooter.

Yes I like restoring things.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    A 1911 catch, a dial caliper, a set of needle files and a big helping of patience. If Afghans can make Lee-Enfields out of truck springs with files, you got this. Let us know how it turns out.

Jul 1, 2012
    Just a quick compare to the 1911 catch and it's indeed very close. Without pulling two guns apart and comparing the details, the gross dimensions look the same (other than length maybe). But... there has to be an original out there somewhere. Try lugerdoc aka Tom Heller, keep watching evilPay, want ad on Gunboards, etc. If it's a late gun (H, K block) you can get away with just about anything since a lot of parts were hand-fabricated at the end :)

Good luck!

Attachments

• DSC_1154.JPG
      DSC_1154.JPG
      67.2 KB · Views: 162

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Thanks, the one I am hoping to close on is an E-block so not too late but neither too early. It's a beater in appearance but looks very mechanically sound. I found a spring for it at least (apparently there are part cross-overs there) so it should be doable. I'll put it up if I get it. Otherwise, back to the hunt!

Won it!
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/904221503

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Cool & congrats! It won't win any beauty contests but looks like a solid, unmolested one (aside from the cannibalized mag catch), bore looks great. JackFirst has a lot of repro parts (and some original) so it might be worth a call to see if they have catch and it's not listed.
    https://jackfirstinc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=380_29
    Sarco does that too, or at least they used to, you could call and get them to dig through the huge rack of drawers for stuff that isn't listed. But I'd try Tom Heller first, I'll PM you his info.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I took a look on ebay; there's a guy selling Polish Radom VIS parts. He illustrates grip safeties, but the pic shows other parts as well. I'd certainly give him a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom