• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Is that the M48 that's all milled? I've been wanting one of those but that price drop is not enough to get me to buy one unless it ships for free, too.

Last year at this time from SOG I got a P83 for $200 (not C&R), but this year they're only dropping it to $220.

M48A has a stamped mag floorplate. I looked at all the M48s on GB and didn't see any I would consider excellent condition, and some way high in price. If they truly are as nice as SOG says, I wouldn't mind paying that for one...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abulg1972
    Some interesting offerings, although not sure these are super deals. https://www.samcoglobal.com/specials/specials.pdf

Look at the date at the top

Yeah, I wish I could say that is a typo, but it isn't. The put that out last year around this time and haven't updated it. Don't know if that means they are slow movers and still available or they just haven't updated it.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Abulg1972

Some interesting offerings, although not sure these are super deals. https://www.samcoglobal.com/specials/specials.pdf

Yeah, I wish I could say that is a typo, but it isn't. The put that out last year around this time and haven't updated it. Don't know if that means they are slow movers and still available or they just haven't updated it.

The odd thing is that they just posted this to the site, so they must be active deals. I'm thinking that they just didn't update the date.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    These are "in stock now" but no one should support this clown. I wish these things were illegal. http://m.ebay.com/sch/fudosan1/m.ht..._DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Shorter eBay: "We refuse to sell any counterfeits, but we will let others sell items to make counterfeits. Happy shopping!"

There used to be a guy in Poland that sold all sorts of waffenamts and K98-related stamps. You can try to report them and sometimes these stamps get removed...usually not. And then they just open a new account and start all over. Back when I collected coins, it was a Whack-a-Mole game reporting Chinese counterfeiters on eBay. I will no longer buy coins on eBay.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Did anyone notice that SOG changed their price today on their Yugo M48A "12 days of Christmas Sale"?

It was originally set at $250 (regular I believe was 280)

But today the price was changed to $199 !!!

So.....got one coming, paid the extra for hand select and matching numbers

If you want one, and missed it, you can get the same deal on Dec 17th

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Wideners has SMA8RMSC Romanian Mfg 8mm Mauser 150gr ammo on stripper clips $155.00 /340rnd spam can. Is that good stuff for German K98s?

Im not afraid of corrosive. Just wondering if there are better deals out there

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Wideners has SMA8RMSC Romanian Mfg 8mm Mauser 150gr ammo on stripper clips $155.00 /340rnd spam can. Is that good stuff for German K98s?

I have used it in my RC K98 and it shoots well, cleans up easy. I got a few boxes from Grafs. The stripper clips are nice...

I don't see anything cheaper, except the Iranian stuff from SGAmmo that's only apparently good for components.

Even Grafs with a dealer discount wants almost .50 a round for that same ammo!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

No. The short rifles like K98k do not like those light bullets. Stick to the 196 grain stuff. I have a Spanish Model 1943 that is basically a copy of the K98k. The target looked like it was shot by a shotgun with that Romanian ammo. I switched to PPU and I was putting bullets next to each other. Plus, the Romanian surplus is SUPER dirty. I ended up selling my tin at a loss.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Did anyone notice that SOG changed their price today on their Yugo M48A "12 days of Christmas Sale"?

Your today was my tomorrow. I missed it as I got up this morning.
    Will try to catch it again :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

I honestly tried to resist :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom