• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hey, congrats on the Luger, Jimbob! What kind? Show us some pictures.

I still have to pick it up. Its a DWM, mid-war rebuilt (not Russian Capture) with correct strawed components. Has two small mismatched parts (takedown pin and trigger) which really hurts its value but otherwise 85 to 90%. Also came with two original mags and a 1934 dated P08 holster in excellent condition stamped with the name of the warrant officer who brought it back (most likely as there are no capture papers). Pretty good for around a grand.

I actually got sucked into two webleys, the uncut 1916 Webley Australian I had sent to Joe (really nice gun about 85% with some carry wear on sharp edges but awesome bore and tight lock-up). But he had a 1917 cut webley he only wanted $150 for, 90% finish, tight lock-up. I hehawed around a bit bit it was in really nice shape and figured it was worth the parts at least, unless i can find a cylinder. I can load downgraded .45 ACP loads if worst coms to worst.

Sounds like a real good deal on the Luger, Jimbob. Nice gun, but not too nice to shoot. My 1916 Erfurt shooter (old reblue), once all-matching parts, ain't all-matching anymore, unfortunately. Last weekend at the range, I managed to irreparably break the serial-stamped toggle on the mag. I can get a replacement, but it won't be original and won't be stamped. Oh well, it is a shooter, but it burns me when I see what original WWI era mags are selling for.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sounds like a real good deal on the Luger, Jimbob. Nice gun, but not too nice to shoot. My 1916 Erfurt shooter (old reblue), once all-matching parts, ain't all-matching anymore, unfortunately. Last weekend at the range, I managed to irreparably break the serial-stamped toggle on the mag. I can get a replacement, but it won't be original and won't be stamped. Oh well, it is a shooter, but it burns me when I see what original WWI era mags are selling for.

Cant enjoy them without risk. Mags shock me, all of the originals are out of sight!

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm

First Handgun of 2012

Attachments

• SP2022.jpg
      SP2022.jpg
      103.7 KB · Views: 212
    • Sp2022-1.jpg
      Sp2022-1.jpg
      191.2 KB · Views: 215

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    First Handgun of 2012

Those are really good guns for the money. At first dont be surprised if you get some jams but after they break in one of the sweetest shooters ever. If the mags were not so expensive I would get another one for HD work.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Those are really good guns for the money. At first dont be surprised if you get some jams but after they break in one of the sweetest shooters ever. If the mags were not so expensive I would get another one for HD work.

I picked it up used on a good deal and that gun fires like a dream.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I picked it up used on a good deal and that gun fires like a dream.

Ya I almost gave up on mine due to jams the first 4 or 5 mags. But after that..........awesome. Accurate, comfortable, reliable. Really thinking of one in .357 sig (I know but I love that caliber) for HD.

I just broke down and added another Webley. Why did a nice, nice nice uncut Mk V have to come up, why! Oh well buy once cry once.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Ya I almost gave up on mine due to jams the first 4 or 5 mags. But after that..........awesome. Accurate, comfortable, reliable. Really thinking of one in .357 sig (I know but I love that caliber) for HD.

I just broke down and added another Webley. Why did a nice, nice nice uncut Mk V have to come up, why! Oh well buy once cry once.

It's my first Sig and first handgun and I would buy another Sig in a heartbeat:D

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    PMR-30 and am waiting on a laser engraved Colt 1911, 100th Anniversary Model. Special order by the USMC 3rd Btn/6th Marines. Dunno how I am gonna pay for it, but I can't wait!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I just wish my Rossi M92 in .454 would come off back-order. Good thing I didnt get that Nevada Campiung trip in last fall. Thats what it was for!

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    I'm deicing between 870 or a pistol. If I can carry eventually I'll get the pistol, probably XD, PX4 SC or LC9. Tax return comes soon and I'll have to make a decision!

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I just wish my Rossi M92 in .454 would come off back-order. Good thing I didnt get that Nevada Campiung trip in last fall. Thats what it was for!

Really interested in your opinion on this after a couple trips to the range (if you ever get it). Please let me know.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom