• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Well, as to be expected, I have not received formal notice of my hearing, but the HPRB published their minutes and low and behold, I was denied. MSP's sh*tty testimony and lack of proof to attach restrictions to my permit swayed the board to uphold their decision. One thing I must point out. The minutes are incomplete. FSgt. Casey is the only witness listed for the MSP, when in fact Sgt. Knaub was also in attendance. We will see where this goes. I need to take a step back and allow myself to think calmly and logically before I decide how I will proceed.

Also, I was denied the right to attend the deliberation or voting, yet they publish the results? Make any sense to anyone?

Thanks again to all who have offered support of varying types. It is much appreciated.

screen_shot_2015-12-23_at_1.40.23_pm.png

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Damn Tim.

Take a breath, step back, put it out of your mind for a while (I know thats hard to do), and enjoy Christmas and family/friends for a few days.

Find something to do that relieves stress and unplug your brain for a bit.

Start fresh in bizarroland after the first of the year.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Didn't we just go through this last week? Everybody take a deep breath. I know that is what the OP is doing. Now, that does not mean ignore this, it just means take a deep breath, step back, and see what we can do from a procedural/legal standpoint.

It looks like the OP had very competent counsel either representing him, or at least testifying on his behalf. OP, ask your attorney what the next step is, if any.

Also, I am somewhat surprised that the HPRB does not have to give a reason for sustaining the MSP's denial. Is there no basis required for the HPRB affirming the denial? Sheez, the County Attorney for Howard County wrote a four (4) page opinion as to why the Animal Control Board ruled the way it did in my matter. A four (4) page opinion about the evidence available, the lack of evidence on the part of Animal Control, the failure of Animal Control to meet its burden of proof, etc.

Is this sheet of paper the only thing that the HPRB provides? If so, the entire process seems like a sham with not much to appeal from, if possible, other than the MSP's justification for the denial.

Is the HPRB proceeding recorded?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Didn't we just go through this last week? Everybody take a deep breath. I know that is what the OP is doing. Now, that does not mean ignore this, it just means take a deep breath, step back, and see what we can do from a procedural/legal standpoint.

It looks like the OP had very competent counsel either representing him, or at least testifying on his behalf. OP, ask your attorney what the next step is, if any.

Also, I am somewhat surprised that the HPRB does not have to give a reason for sustaining the MSP's denial. Is there no basis required for the HPRB affirming the denial? Sheez, the County Attorney for Howard County wrote a four (4) page opinion as to why the Animal Control Board ruled the way it did in my matter. A four (4) page opinion about the evidence available, the lack of evidence on the part of Animal Control, the failure of Animal Control to meet its burden of proof, etc.

Is this sheet of paper the only thing that the HPRB provides? If so, the entire process seems like a sham with not much to appeal from, if possible, other than the MSP's justification for the denial.

Is the HPRB proceeding recorded?

The proceedings are voice recorded, sometime via the admin's phone.

Tim usually records them all too.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I'm sorry for your infringement. I hope you consider going to court. Your attorney seemed very talented and could make a compelling case.

I know how costly this process can be in terms of money, time, and emotional energy. Stay positive and know that others will continue this fight with you.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yes, Tim, your case might be one that topples this Soviet directorate. Then your name will become a search term, right up there with Miranda...LOL

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Well that sucks but I think we all new it was a long shot, though it should not have been. Hang tuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom