• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    I wouldn't worry - it's not a social occasion (and everybody has bad days). Mostly, I'm amazed you got your interview only 45 days in. That's fast.

so do 'you think i'd be looking another 45 days before i hear something or, should I be expecting a couple weeks? no references called yet though, which seemed kind of odd, most people say they call the same day as interview

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I expect the percentage is very high. Mostly, because the law currently requires 16 hours worth of expensive class time in hand before submitting the application, and the instructors - generally - are going to dissuade the obvious non-starters from even bothering. The people who DO proceed to apply have all had to do considerable homework to get the ball rolling, and I think that process self-selects for those who understand what does and doesn't get past the gate.

I think we need to leverage this to push for shall-issue. The 16 hours of instruction is a significant investment of both time and money...meaning that people who aren't seeing a serious need to carry won't be applying. And there are people who do have indisputable need who don't apply, because they don't think they can get approved.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think we need to leverage this to push for shall-issue. The 16 hours of instruction is a significant investment of both time and money...meaning that people who aren't seeing a serious need to carry won't be applying. And there are people who do have indisputable need who don't apply, because they don't think they can get approved.

There was a bill proposed last session by the evil nasty no friend of the 2A Deb Rey to have the applicant go through the approval process first and THEN have to take the training before getting their permit (the way DC does it) that never got out of committee.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    You've got another ~40 days to wait. Patience, grasshopper.

I figured that, but i've been seeing people saying they got it 2 weeks after their interview and one person on another thread says he got his at 60 days. so was just wondering.. I expected 90 days, but just wasnt sure

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    So for sh$ts and giggles I called today to check on status of application as I should've only had 3 days left before my 90 was up, interview was on 11/27 I believe. my app was delivered on on 10/11. So they say your app is still pending. So I ask when is the 90 days up and they say well the date here shows your app started processing on 10/17. but that's when they submitted the check so I guess that's the date they go by. I'm hoping the fact that its still pending this close to the wire. means that'll it'll be approved.. fingers crossed.. the anticipation/waiting is the worst. do they normally wait the whole 90 if they're going to deny you? I filed under 2 businesses, and had proof of a life threat documented and notarized as well.

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Not sure if this is widely known yet... (sorry if it was already posted... I just did a search but no dice)

Online applications for wear and carry coming "early 2019"

Anyone have any intel on this?

Attachments

• HGP Announcement Poster 4.jpg
      HGP Announcement Poster 4.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 478

RolfeJr

Oct 23, 2018
    MSP Interview

Went for our interviews with MSP (Golden Ring) very pleasant experience.
    Straight forward questions, very relaxed, very professional.
    We'll see......

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    So for sh$ts and giggles I called today to check on status of application as I should've only had 3 days left before my 90 was up, interview was on 11/27 I believe. my app was delivered on on 10/11. So they say your app is still pending. So I ask when is the 90 days up and they say well the date here shows your app started processing on 10/17. but that's when they submitted the check so I guess that's the date they go by. I'm hoping the fact that its still pending this close to the wire. means that'll it'll be approved.. fingers crossed.. the anticipation/waiting is the worst. do they normally wait the whole 90 if they're going to deny you? I filed under 2 businesses, and had proof of a life threat documented and notarized as well.

I submitted mine a month or so ago and was delivered right away with tracking confirmation. Check still hasn't been cashed. I guess I'm in for a long wait.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How did you pull that one off??

I also have an unrestricted CCW for "assumed risk" having a TS Security Clearance as a DoD contractor. MSI has been telling people about this for months now.

[EDIT] I do have one caveat, and that is I still need to be employed as a DoD contractor.

"Valid while maintaining employment as an active reserve civilian or contractor employee for the DoD. (MD Only) Not valid where Firearms are prohibited by law."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom