• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Well, my first toe in the water of M1 Garands. I wanted something in 308, as I didn't have any .30-06 and no one seemed to want to trade ammo. So, I bought this "Tanker" M1 Garand since it grabbed my attention. May not be historically correct, but I like it regardless. I have time for more Garands in the future. The only bad thing is the seller forgot to ship the enbloc clips with the rifle, so it's a paperweight till they get here.

Attachments

• my garand3.jpg
      my garand3.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 978
    • my garand4.jpg
      my garand4.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 1,017

Makanik

Oct 11, 2014
    Cecil Co. Maryland
    Look wonderful to me. Garands are my favorite rifles. Wish I had the money to afford one, but one day. Good luck with it and hope your mags make it to you soon so you can have some fun with it. I have to suffer through life with MINI 14's till I can get one lol.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    There are many things to check before firing....

#1 look at the op rod track. Any unevenness? A lot of commercial tankers were made from rewelds. Also check the drawing number on the receiver leg and compare it to the serial number they should "match" by range...yours should be D28291-35

Garand drawing numbers

#2 these were notoriously difficult to get running right. The bend of the op rod is critical. Cycle it a few times and make sure it's not binding.

#3 when you are ready I also have tons of leftover enblocs.....

#4 no commercial 308. Garand/m1a loads only.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The CMP sells new manufactured En Bloc clips:
    http://estore.thecmp.org/store/cata...pmax=&note1=&note2=&note3=&note4=&note5=&max=

They also sell full sized M1 Garands in .308 caliber, one of the choices on a CMP Special:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

RM1308SPECIAL
    CMP Special (.308) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. A .308 spacer block is installed to prevent the loading of a .30-06 round into the chamber.

$1,030
    Allow 30-60 days for delivery.

Free Shipping

Sirex