• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Mayberry .22LR Precision Match

Address: 2555 Mayberry Rd, Westminster MD, 21158
    *If your navigation can't locate the address, use "Mayberry Archers" as your keyword.
    Date: June 23, 2018
    Time:
    -Check-in: 0800
    -Match Start: 0900
    Cost: $20 (Cash Only)
    Match Information:
    The Mayberry Game Protective Association (MGPA) will be holding a .22LR Precision Match on Saturday, June 23, 2018, at 0800. The match will be a friendly and slower paced match that will provide both new and experienced shooters a challenge. For our first match, there are no divisions, classifications, categories or prizes.

Know your DOPE for 25, 50, 75, 100, 200 and 300yds.

Specifics:
    -.22LR only (No other rimfire/centerfire cartridge will be permitted)
    -Round count: Bring 100
    -No redo’s… If you screw up or shoot someone else’s target, learn from it.
    -Eye/Ear protection required
    -Empty Chamber Indicator required
    -Max Shooters = 30
    -Minimum age = 13

Registration will open 05/21/18 @ 8pm. I will post link then.

Hope to see you all there.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Noob here, what is the purpose of the squads? I registered and just picked a random squad. Is it like a heat type thing, groups of shooters. Any other tips? I'm shooting a CZ455 that I have shot out to 300yds and can hit a coke can. What is the MOA of the 300yd targets? Are the targets steel or paper? Looking forward to my first competition.

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    Noob here, what is the purpose of the squads? I registered and just picked a random squad. Is it like a heat type thing, groups of shooters. Any other tips? I'm shooting a CZ455 that I have shot out to 300yds and can hit a coke can. What is the MOA of the 300yd targets? Are the targets steel or paper? Looking forward to my first competition.

Yes, the squads are like heats. You shoot the whole match with your squad of 10, going from stage 1 to stage 9. Squad 1 starts on stage 1. Squad 2 on stage 2. Squad 3 on stage 3. When finished, everyone rotates.

We will probably have at least a 3 or 4 MOA target at 300, which should be easy if there is no wind, but... ;)

We will have both paper and steel targets.

As for tips, know your dope for 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yards; and practice your positional shooting.

I recently stumbled across this beginner article: https://rifleshooter.com/2018/05/nrl22-precision-rimfire-competitions/
    We don't follow the NRL22 rules exactly, but it's close enough to give you a feel.

Since this is your first match, please arrive promptly at 8am (or even a little earlier) and let me know it's your first match so someone can walk you through the match procedures.

Feel free to post or PM me any other questions. Looking forward to meeting you!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Yes, the squads are like heats. You shoot the whole match with your squad of 10, going from stage 1 to stage 9. Squad 1 starts on stage 1. Squad 2 on stage 2. Squad 3 on stage 3. When finished, everyone rotates.

We will probably have at least a 3 or 4 MOA target at 300, which should be easy if there is no wind, but... ;)

We will have both paper and steel targets.

As for tips, know your dope for 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yards; and practice your positional shooting.

I recently stumbled across this beginner article: https://rifleshooter.com/2018/05/nrl22-precision-rimfire-competitions/
    We don't follow the NRL22 rules exactly, but it's close enough to give you a feel.

Since this is your first match, please arrive promptly at 8am (or even a little earlier) and let me know it's your first match so someone can walk you through the match procedures.

Feel free to post or PM me any other questions. Looking forward to meeting you!

I'll make sure to be there on the earlier side and read the article. Thanks

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    Building props... might wanna bring a tripod.

Attachments

• 0E1BB8C9-F544-431C-B249-93A9413A4079.jpg
      0E1BB8C9-F544-431C-B249-93A9413A4079.jpg
      134.9 KB · Views: 261

rundownfid

May 3, 2010
    Excellent match, thanks for putting it on. No where near as wet as the first one, you guys must be slipping down there in Md.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom