• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    There is a big controversy on the Jewish view of when life begins. In Jewish tradition, the fetus is not considered viable until it graduates from medical school.

Q: Why don't Jewish mothers drink?

A: Alcohol interferes with their suffering.

A Jewish boy comes home from school and tells his mother he has a part in the play. She asks, "What part is it?"

The boy says, "I play the part of the Jewish husband." The mother scowls and says, "Go back and tell the teacher you want a speaking part."

Short summary of every Jewish holiday: They tried to kill us. We won. Let's eat.

Q: Why are Jewish men circumcised?

A: Because Jewish women don't like anything that isn't 20% off.

Doctor: "You'll live to be 60!"

Patient: "I am 60!"

Doctor: "See! What did I tell you?"

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Two of my favorites, the first relayed to me by none other than our Confederate Jew himself:

1. What's the difference between a Jew and a canoe? A canoe tips.

2. What do you call free ham? A Jewish dilemma.

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    A Jewish businessman in Brooklyn decided to send his son to Israel to absorb some of the culture of the homeland. When the son returned, the father asked him to tell him about his trip. The son said, "Pop, I had a great time in Israel. Oh, and by the way, I converted to Christianity."

"Oh, my," said the father. What have I done?" He decided to go ask his old friend Jacob what to do. Jake said, "Funny you should ask. I too sent my son to Israel, and he also came back a Christian. Perhaps we should go see the rabbi and ask him what we should do."

So they went to see the rabbi. The rabbi said, "Funny you should ask. I too sent my son to Israel. He also came back a Christian. What is happening to our young people? The three of them prayed and explained what had happened to their sons and asked God what to do.

Suddenly a voice came loud and clear from Heaven. The Voice said, "Funny you should ask. I, too, sent my Son to Israel...........

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    SO a Catholic priest, a Protestant minister and a rabbi were discussing when life begins.

The Catholic says life begins at the moment of conception.

The minister says that life begins when a fetus can live outside the womb.

The Rabbi says that life begins when the kids move out and the dog dies.

A rough deal for the dog, IMO, but that's what I was told.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Am I missing something? WTF... Why are posts like this on MDS?
    Because humor that gently ribs our members and our diversity is ok as long as it's not hate speech.

The mods and admins decide when the line gets crossed.

Hang out and get a flavor of the forum before opining after 7 posts.

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    There is a line... I understand the admin will determine when it is crossed. But the admin does not know what’s in a mans heart.
    7 or 70 posts I have the right to let my opin be known.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes you do, but being new you have no idea what is in a posters heart, especially members who have been around longer than you.

Feel free to opine, even if it’s not accurate

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Yes you do, but being new you have no idea what is in a posters heart, especially members who have been around longer than you.

Feel free to opine, even if it’s not accurate
    Those who seek to be offended will be...

You and I can not cure them of their affliction. Thin skin is terminal.

Mayhap the offended is in the wrong place and or the wrong time...

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    General rant and not directed at anybody in particular, but in today's society we have an awful lot of folks being butt hurt over what they perceive is a slight or slander against a group to which they may or may not belong. Just look at all the media coverage of folks who said or did something that got interpreted in a hurtful way that may not have been intended.

Many of us are overly sensitized (read afraid) to offend folks, and it seems as though it's getting easier to do every day. This PC crap is out of control.

As swinokur said either upstream in this thread or in another, it's about the context in which a post is offered. Sometimes we do go over an imaginary line, accidentally or in a Freudian petticoat. Our terrific mods are there to help keep us from going too far, and they step in when needed. With the thousands of very diverse members we have, pretty much every opinion based post is bound to ruffle somebody's feathers.

It's good to be sensitive and care about the feelings of others. Admirable even. But lately it's getting hard to know where that line in the sand really is, not just on MDS but in society in general.

/rant off

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Not to drag this on but, I have been a member of MDS since 2013. I have stood in the State House shoulder to shoulder with my comrades supporting and representing my beliefs. I enjoys reading people’s opinions and experiences on all things 2A and firearm related. If I have something to add to a subject I will. So I guess this is one of those times. So thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom