• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    The $50 threshold was for one of the coupons I was using to purchase the shells. It’s a $10.00 off coupon for taking a survey about your previous visit. That was combined with a 10% off ammunition or firearm coupon for yesterday and today only. In addition, I received the 5 $10 Dick’s cash for future purchases. It’s the cheapest I’ve gotten shells in a long time. Walmart had a clearance price on Federal Gold Medals that we’re as low as $2.00/box. But not around here. Guys were buying every box they could find within a 100 miles of their house.

My head stopped working after the 3rd sentence.
    I wish we didn't have to play this game.

JWinners

Jul 26, 2017
    Saint Marys, MD
    Never had any issue with Dick's store gun department guys myself. They've always been nice, and it seems like they're usually pretty bored. When you stand at a counter and help a total of four people across eight hours, making small conversation helps the time go by. Just my thoughts.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    Remington Gun Club shotshells that are normally $6.30 OTD were $3.88 OTD. And I received $50.00 in Dick’s cash. I can’t reload them for that price.

Was that some special deal or coupon? I was actually going to head up to the new Dickson in Chat am mall Ellicott city tonight anyway

Edit: I see that was using coupons. Where can those coupons be found? (Notice mods...I didn't use a new post to say this even though I'm oh so close to the magic 50 message mark haha)

JWinners

Jul 26, 2017
    Saint Marys, MD
    Probably not big deal and I'd have likely responded similarly because I'm a nice guy. But it points to a bigger point that upstanding people are more likely to spontaneously answer seemingly innocent questions. And social engineering isn't innocent. Suspicion is like fear: Too much and you'll never cross the street. Not enough and you'll never make it across.

Definitely quotable. Agreed.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I'm glad you didn't use the stock answer, "it's for the children".
    As we all know, Only the military and police should have ammo.
    3 % of Dick's guys say this......

Could have just told him you were having a blast.....

Also don't recommend telling them, "don't you hear the voice telling us to?".

Firedog1979

Be part of the solution!
    Mar 19, 2017
    Maryland
    Just my opinion, but being around here and there, it’s not far fetched for some kids getting paid minimum wage to be looking for someone who is buying many types and calibers of ammunition...then cross reference that with information available to him/her and tell their buddies while sitting around that they know a place they can go and steal a bunch of guns at a guys house...it’s happened before and it will happen again...so I don’t think it’s too far fetched to at least have your spidey senses acting up a bit...I usually say going to the range with friends or an old Walmart .22 ect...but after reading this I guess I have a couple more canned responses. I am especially fond of the,”you don’t know what’s happening tonight?!!” One...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I was at Dick’s tonight stocking up on shotgun ammo. So the cashier starts asking why I’m buying so much ammo. I just tell him it’s because it’s cheap. Which it was. Then he starts asking me about what guns I own. I tell him I own a Remington shotgun. Then he says is that it? And I say yes. Because I’m a Scorecard member he has access to my name and address. So should I be worried or am I being paranoid?

Mail order all your ammo and then you will not have to worry about it, unless the perps want to drive a long way. I mean, they will have your address too and know all the ammo you ordered. Granted, they will have no idea what dog is barking behind the closed door, whether the video cameras feed to the web, or whether you have the guns in hefty safes.

Heck, I never shoot my expensive guns at the range because I am worried somebody might get my license plate and follow me home to steal them. Maybe I should just ride my bicycle to the range when I want to shoot one of the high dollar guns.

I don't have to worry too much about ammo purchases because I reload for virtually everything. .22 bullets feed a lot of guns. Same goes for .30.

Hell, lots of people on this website know where i live, and they know I own guns. DAMN!!!!! Need to get a bigger dog and/or another dog.

Am I being too paranoid?

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    A little paranoia never killed anyone! Complacency however, kills more than you think! I'll take a paranoid person to a complacent one any day! Stay frosty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom