Anyone have experience with Deltons, specifically 308?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have a Del Ton upper, that can shoot a rats eye out at 50 with iron sights. That picture was taken after a particular good day. No scope. Just the iron sights. At 50. :party29:

No complaints what so ever, never once a failure.

And I did just buy another one to mate to my A2 upper and SCSG lower. Good stuff.

Attachments

• delton.jpg
      delton.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 129

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My Delton Carbine M4forgery has been my go to for many years for shooting, self defense etc. Only problem I ever had with it was one I caused myself with an overzealous adjustable trigger which turned it into a single shot (sort of the California version, you had to turn the safety to shoot the next round) an easy fix. Accurate like a paper cutter, 100% reliable over 5,000 rounds, no sign of growing groups yet but I expect its inevitable soon. I actually hope to order a replacement in the same configuration and put this one in the rebarrel pile once the groups start noticeably spreading. Finish holds up well.

Have one of their black Friday specials rifle kits (still have a gripe with them with their refusal to back one of their own special offers but it was a minor issue, more an issue of principal) in heavy for a future build.

Given Palmetto vs Delton vs anything short of a BCM or LaRue Ill generally take the Delton.

No experience with the .308.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom