• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Good to see you back on and posting Markp.

And I'd bet there's a lot of dead Nazi's that would have to say the Mosin was "accurate enough".

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    What has been done to it?
    As of tonight.

Archangel stock
    Timney trigger
    Rock Solid scope mount
    Bent bolt body
    Barrel is cut off to 18"
    AMD 65 muzzles break

M

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    uploadfromtaptalk1452126303623.jpg

I might have forgotten the bipod added today. I am still waiting on the new barrel, which will be threaded 5/8-24 for my Gemtech HVT suppressor. Right now I have the ATN X-sight 3-12x scope on it with IR illuminator.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    View attachment 167731

I might have forgotten the bipod added today. I am still waiting on the new barrel, which will be threaded 5/8-24 for my Gemtech HVT suppressor. Right now I have the ATN X-sight 3-12x scope on it with IR illuminator.

Your bipod's on backwards.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    My newest addition. Can't wait to put good glass on this one and see how it fires.

Remington 700 Long Range in 30-06.
    Bell and Carlson M40 stock from factory.
    Harris Piviot Bipod.

Will have a Vortex Viper Optic and a good set of rings/base very soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 373

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Loved my 12x42 soo much i just bought a 10x42 and 16x42. NOW i just need to find something to put them on.:lol2:

I am eyeing a Vortex Viper 6-25x44 for this 30-06 I posted. Do I need all that magnification.... No.

However, I have no clue how to accurately and efficiently use a Mildot fixed reticle. In my fellow shooters opinions, is it worth outfitting my 2 new bolt rifles with fixed power 10x Mildot reticles or stick with what I know?

Thoughts are greatly appreciated. My new Rem blackout will be kept to 100 yards or so, and the 30-06 has no limit to what I will try if I can find the space.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Also, I can get 2 Bushnell Elite Tactical 3200 10x Mildot optics for the price I am going to pay for the Vortex to mount on 1 rifle.

Anyone have hands on experience with these scopes? Clarity and ability to hold zero on large calibers? Personal field of view being good enough to accurately see a bullseye at 100 yards?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If you're looking down the barrel I guess. 0.o You can't load the bipod that way.

IMO, it's on right. When you lean into the buttstock (doubly so w a shooting mat) the legs won't fold. You're not worried about the legs folding under recoil. Would take a 20mm round to push you back that far...

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    IMO, it's on right. When you lean into the buttstock (doubly so w a shooting mat) the legs won't fold. You're not worried about the legs folding under recoil. Would take a 20mm round to push you back that far...

To each thier own. I prefer to have mine the standard direction. If you were shooting from an awkward position you could push the legs of the bipod against or into something and they would not fold.

Ie: jagged funny shaped rock, very thin fence. Just a thought. I have never fired a rifle with one on in reverse, so I can't say it is a bad idea. I just don't think I would run a bipod on one of my rifles like that

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I am of course speaking of a hunting situation in the field and not from a bench. I suppose on a bench at the range it would be fine either way

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

You migbt be looking at someone elses picture cause with the bipod on backwards loading it will cause the legs to collapse. We're talking about MarkP's.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    You migbt be looking at someone elses picture cause with the bipod on backwards loading it will cause the legs to collapse. We're talking about MarkP's.

Just for the hell of it... I put my Harris on backwards and tried it. My counter is a bit slippery, but I could still push it forward enough to collapse the bipod. I would t mount one backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom