• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thanks man. I'm loving it the stock. For the money you can't beat it.

I agree with that, I really dig the stock thus far. It might have even helped to make it more accurate. The groups at 100 were pretty good before but most all were touching the other day when i took it out for a quick test.

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    My precision bolt gun from when I was a youngster and now my three boys have been putting it to work. This one is from the 60s and originally bought buy the USAF and a few hundred new ones were sold to the public right here in Maryland in the 90s. Several years ago I sent this one to Rick Willnecker at Precision air rifle for a total rebuild and he sent it to a company in Florida for a blue restore as it was pretty rusty from sitting in my parents basement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      124.6 KB · Views: 528
    Last edited:

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Strap and stock need some work but she is a tac driver with the peep sight and all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      124.9 KB · Views: 533

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    And cheap, the Mag well was like 60.00 and it came with a mag which i didnt think it did. Although keep in mind the bottom metal is Polymer like most Magpul products.

I didn't know it came with a mag as well. That is even better. Do you happen to know anything about the availability of the .223 mag and bottom metal? I haven't done a ton of research but I know it is supposed to exist. Even a google image search will not turn up a DBM with a .223 mag in it.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I didn't know it came with a mag as well. That is even better. Do you happen to know anything about the availability of the .223 mag and bottom metal? I haven't done a ton of research but I know it is supposed to exist. Even a google image search will not turn up a DBM with a .223 mag in it.

Unfortunately No , I haven't heard anything about it. However, I did find oout tonight that the 762x51 Pmags i bought before the stock metal and stock came to me do not fit the Magwell. the one for the Mag well is Different... :mad54:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Unfortunately No , I haven't heard anything about it. However, I did find oout tonight that the 762x51 Pmags i bought before the stock metal and stock came to me do not fit the Magwell. the one for the Mag well is Different... :mad54:

Really? That's very strange. I know the Magpul DBM is supposed to accept the Magpul and AICS mags. Does Magpul make 2 different .308 PMAGS?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I see now. It appears to be designed for single stack mags only. Probably the same with the .223 mags when they are finally available.

On a side note, I'm wondering if the Ruger Scout Rifle mags would work in it?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I see now. It appears to be designed for single stack mags only. Probably the same with the .223 mags when they are finally available.

On a side note, I'm wondering if the Ruger Scout Rifle mags would work in it?

Not sure But if i had known it, i wouldnt have ordered them.. Now ill have to build a 308 AR to fit the damn mags. :rolleyes:

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Ruger American 22 lr

Ruger American 22 lr 18 inch threaded barrel
    No name 3-9 scope
    Boyd's varmint stock
    Glades armory bolt handle
    No name bipod

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 464

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Best group before the chassis was .76"@ 200yrds. I'm super excited to see if I can get some improvement. Pretty sure I need more work than the gun tho..... T3 CTR in 260

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      106.9 KB · Views: 419

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    LSS XL thank you :D Super easy to put together. I did find where my stock was touching the barrel in several places. I wish I woulda seen that earlier, I would have sanded them out.....
    The recoil lug is stout.... Never messed with any nicer bolt gun stuff before....

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 415

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've found myself looking at those lately. Glad to see the extended forearm as an option.

Been getting the urge to put those AICS mags to use, but haven't been too hot on sending my stock down to CDi for the install. Might be an option for my .260 as well.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Not yet a precision bolt gun... but well on it's way...

Mosin Nagant... :p

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451723438202.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1451723438202.jpg
      60 KB · Views: 463

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl