• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Never even seen these before....

these wouldn't be classified under fixed blade weapons under Maryland law would they?

Might replace ZT folder with one of these it's more law-friendly....

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I'm a big fan of the good ol BIC Pen used in Bourne Identity. I'm thinking if I could fight like that, it really doesn't matter what I pick up as a weapon. haha

Dowagiac

S&W Member
    Aug 3, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I picked up a couple of the Zebra F-701 from e-Bay. Very nice pens and seem to be really sturdy. I will be carrying them when in uniform.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Hate to bring an old post back, but in this case I felt it was warranted. Just picked up a few Zebra F-701 pens from Staples since I happened to be in there and they were on sale. Great writing pen and solid as a rock. Those of you on the fence, hop on it and get yourself a few. Did I mention they were on sale for under $7 at Staples?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Hate to bring an old post back, but in this case I felt it was warranted. Just picked up a few Zebra F-701 pens from Staples since I happened to be in there and they were on sale. Great writing pen and solid as a rock. Those of you on the fence, hop on it and get yourself a few. Did I mention they were on sale for under $7 at Staples?

Excellent, I need another one as I gave one away.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Excellent, I need another one as I gave one away.

I have 3 or 4, or maybe it's 5, still in the packaging tucked away in case I lose one. I like them that much.
    In all honesty, I bought them when they were hard to find so I figured I'd get them when I found them.
    It's a manic-obsessive disorder that being a gun lover has instilled in me over the years. (Get it now before you can't get them anymore!) :sad20:

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I bought a couple of those Zebras after reading this thread. Being "tactical" wasn't a factor, but they really are nice pens. I'm a mechanic, so the knurling helps when writing with greasy fingers. Plus, when they get dirty, just take it apart and wipe it down with brake cleaner. Good as new! :thumbsup:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    The Zebra's are great metal pens.

The Schrade and S&W (both made by Taylor now I think) are also good inexpensive options if you want/need something larger.

I don't have any of the others. Many were just too pricey for a pen in my world and now I'm happy with the pile I have on hand.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    i thought this was a joke....

Unfortunately today there is a need for self defense tools that won't get confiscated/stolen by the authorities or worse yet, get you thrown in jail for carrying a "dangerous assault weapon".
    It is very unlikely regular looking pens will ever be banned or confiscated, even in the most secure environments like planes or courthouses. There is no question in some situations a pen can be an effective self defense tool when nothing else is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom