• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    You seem to want to justify yourself. Do you know where in FSA2013 in the HQL the requirement lies for the live fire test? It's not in the law. It was actually removed from the passed law. Just because it doesn't match what you think it says doesn't mean it's not there. As a reader of this board you should be aware of the shenanigans of Maryland and the AG. Good smart people have given you recommendations. Either "lead, follow, or get out of the way."

The same could be said about you. This just demonstrates the level of toxicity of some people on the forum. We should be working together.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The application MSI has made covers devices already owned.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...uant-to-maryland-law-maryland-senate-bill-707

30890612268_19b84d7d78_o.png

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The youtube video has been viewed 1.5k times so far. Thanks for spreading the word!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The mailing of a large number of letters to BATFE in and of itself helps to establish that the law is ambiguous. People are uncertain whether or not the law impacts them, so out of caution, we send in the letter. Citizens should not be uncertain regarding the boundaries of the law. Such laws are defective on their face and should be struck down.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The mailing of a large number of letters to BATFE in and of itself helps to establish that the law is ambiguous. People are uncertain whether or not the law impacts them, so out of caution, we send in the letter. Citizens should not be uncertain regarding the boundaries of the law. Such laws are defective on their face and should be struck down.

Concur

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The law is the law until it's not and right now and for the foreseeable future, it's our reality.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    th

I own nothing that would require me to submit such a letter. You can't submit a letter/application if you don't own what is going to be banned under this law. Let's not be divisive in our fight to over turn this law. I'm sure hoping that when the court date comes, ATF's comment (https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/maryland-law-restricting-rapid-fire-trigger-activators) will be introduced as evidence that the law is not enforceable in whole or in part; that the law in effect is ex posto de facto. Hopefully MSI will be able to use these returned receipts without action to show that such devices are common, an these returned application are but a fragment. That the judges ruling for relieve is being honored at the ATF at least. We don't need to be emotional and play this wisely.

the law is so vague no one knows what devices constitute a violation so dismissing this letter and it's intentions, regardless of how it appears right now is just plain stupid...You cannot know if you have or don't have a device that violates this "law"....

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    the law is so vague no one knows what devices constitute a violation so dismissing this letter and it's intentions, regardless of how it appears right now is just plain stupid...You cannot know if you have or don't have a device that violates this "law"....

Okay, that's your opinion. Thank you. I have mine.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Okay, that's your opinion. Thank you. I have mine.

It's generally the opinion of the judge involved as well. I side with the judge in this case.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It's generally the opinion of the judge involved as well. I side with the judge in this case.

Okay, that's your opinion. Thank you. I have mine. But note, he (Judge) didn't side with the plaintiff either and I have no intention on being on ATF's radar.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The judge made no such decision other than to HEAR the case in full court.

My point was the judge didn't throw the case out. But he warned the state that the case is very weak. Which he shouldn't have made such a comment with the full case pending. So what do you think the state is going to do? What do you think the lawmakers and the opponents of firearms are doing now?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Obviously, every pretended federal statute or administrative regulation which purports to regulate firearms (over the Country at large) is unconstitutional as outside the scope of powers delegated to the federal government and as in violation of the 2nd Amendment. Furthermore, any and all regulations of the BATF are also unconstitutional as in violation of Article I, Section 1, US Constitution.

Every State is prohibited by Article I, Section 8, clauses 15 & 16, US Constitution, from interfering with Congress' delegated power to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia" [In this regard, see Dr. Edwin Vieira's writings on the Militia and the 2nd Amendment].
    Accordingly, any provision in a State Constitution or in a State statute which interferes with Congress' delegated powers over the Militia would fail under the supremacy clause of the US Constitution (Article VI, clause 2).

Filling out the form and sending it in to the BATF identifies the submitter as a gun owner.
    Having a list of gun owners and what they own makes unlawful confiscation possible -- and relatively easy. It may come to that.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Obviously, every pretended federal statute or administrative regulation which purports to regulate firearms (over the Country at large) is unconstitutional as outside the scope of powers delegated to the federal government and as in violation of the 2nd Amendment. Furthermore, any and all regulations of the BATF are also unconstitutional as in violation of Article I, Section 1, US Constitution.

Every State is prohibited by Article I, Section 8, clauses 15 & 16, US Constitution, from interfering with Congress' delegated power to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia" [In this regard, see Dr. Edwin Vieira's writings on the Militia and the 2nd Amendment].
    Accordingly, any provision in a State Constitution or in a State statute which interferes with Congress' delegated powers over the Militia would fail under the supremacy clause of the US Constitution (Article VI, clause 2).

Filling out the form and sending it in to the BATF identifies the submitter as a gun owner.
    Having a list of gun owners and what they own makes unlawful confiscation possible -- and relatively easy. It may come to that.

What is your point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom