OMG this is tough to watch (fish hooks buried)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Calling doctor teratos!

This is one tough hombre. He intentionally buries 5 fishhooks in himself to show how to get them out. As he says in his intro warning, it's tough to watch but educational if you're ever out fishing and need to remove them yourself.

Even so, you'd never catch me doing a video like this:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I thought you were supposed to push them through and cut the barb off.

That worked in all of the Cowboy and Indian movies.

Braveheart too.

Pulling a barb or an arrow back through the body seems like a really bad idea.

Cut it off at the eye and continue to push it through.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I would not be that calm while doing that. My hand hurts after watching him try to get the hook all the way in with the pliers.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I had this happen while trying to unhook a bass. I was using a Rapala topwater plug when I landed a bass. I lipped the bass, which was hooked on the middle treble hook. One shake of the bass's head and the rear treble hook went in and out through my right hand's palm. After getting my little multi-tool out of my right pocket with my left hand, I unhooked the bass and headed to the emergency room. After showing the triage nurse my problem, I was ushered into a waiting room. I had to soak my right hand in disinfectant for a while until the doctor showed up. He brought along an intern to show him how it was done. The large pair of wire cutters was used to cut the hook off below the barb, and he backed the rest of the hook out of my hand. I got a tetanus shot and some anti-biotics and left the hospital.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    That's a good point, fish and the bay water has some really nasty germs. Not to mention all the stuff that gets on your hands as you slide down the bank or put a worm on the hook.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I thought you were supposed to push them through and cut the barb off.

Yeah, in an earlier video the guy did that; he tried multiple techniques including the push-it-through method. I guess he decided the double line approach was superior. In the second video he also claims that's the way most ERs do it. Anyway, here is his earlier version demonstrating multiple ways of doing it. It isn't any easier to watch:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Why didn't this fool just demonstrate how to remove fish hooks and use a steak?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Been there, done that...to myself and others. Not as bad as it looks in most cases.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I dunno, maybe I'm just a whimp, but that looks pretty bad to me. You won't find me making similar videos...

Nice to know a couple of ways to do it yourself though, if it happens for real.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I like how he grew a third hand when it came time to take it out.

Didn't he say: This is how you do it when you're by yourself? I was waiting for a two handed method of removal.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Why didn't this fool just demonstrate how to remove fish hooks and use a steak?

Anything but his own skin. What an idiot, it isn't like he had anything to plug, other than that video.

At least the body armor guys who shot themselves had a product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom