• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    We intend to submit yet another large group of handguns to the roster board; the next meeting is scheduled September 18 @11:00. I know there are a lot of guns you guys would like to see, so this thread will be dedicated to what we are sending, and we welcome any suggestions.

So far, there has been a lot of interest in 7.62x39 pistols.

Here's what I have going so far, and I will update this list as we add petitions.

NEW PETITIONS:
    -Arsenal SAM7K
    -IO INC Hellpup 7.62x39
    -Century PAP M92 7.62x39
    -Century PAP M85 5.56 (both PV & NP versions)
    -Century Mini Draco 7.62x39
    -Century Micro 39 7.62x39
    -Century C39 7.62x39
    -POF 5 9mm
    -POF 5PK 9mm
    -Vector V51
    -Vector V53
    -Canik TP-9
    -SIG P320 (thanks to mikey6480 for sending us a sample to submit)
    -DJ Getz MP5K 9mm
    -DJ Getz Reverse Strech K gun 9mm
    -SIG SAUER X-6
    -S&W M&P 22 Compact
    -Ruger 9E

CALIBER ADDITION PETITIONS:
    -VZ 58 5.56x45 (per request of Wayne1one)
    -VZ 61 380 ACP & 9x18 Makarov
    -COLT AR15 SBR- 9MM

TABLED SUBMISSIONS:
    -BOBERG XR9-S (which belongs to a MDS member who's handle I do not recall at the moment.)

Last edited:

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    That's great! In addition to all the cool x39 pistols, the vz61 in .380 would be awesome. I've been putting off getting one since I don't have anything else in .32acp, but I would be all over the 380 version.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    They have my 7K petition from last go-around, I have the sample, just waiting on getting some other stuff together before I send them up. Are you planning on submitting the 7K yourself or was that counting ours?

Any plans on the HK VP9? I'll try to catch up with you this week.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    That's great! In addition to all the cool x39 pistols, the vz61 in .380 would be awesome. I've been putting off getting one since I don't have anything else in .32acp, but I would be all over the 380 version.

In about a year, we should have them imported in 9x18 as well. I've fired the FA version in 9x18 overseas, I really love that little gun.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    They have my 7K petition from last go-around, I have the sample, just waiting on getting some other stuff together before I send them up. Are you planning on submitting the 7K yourself or was that counting ours?

Any plans on the HK VP9? I'll try to catch up with you this week.

I wasn't sure if you ever procured a sample, so I got a sample to send. If you already have it covered though, then I won't duplicate the submission. I think someone else has a VP9 already, but we have time to verify. If not, I will get one to submit.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Not sure if the IWI Uzi has ever been submitted or if they will even allow it, but I've been interested in that for a bit.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Why not a 7.62X51MM pistol? The Vector V-51P :)

I sent the PTR PDW last time; I can do the Vector this time around. I am working with the guys at Atlantic Firearms to get samples to submit to the board, but I am only posting them on this list once I have sample ordered & EN ROUTE (i.e.-tracking number rec'd) or physically have the gun in hand.
    I will also send the POF-5 9mm & several other HK style handguns. I plan to order them in early August, just waiting to get a large invoice together. This stuff gets expensive pretty quickly, especially knowing that I will be sitting on the inventory until November before we can sell it.

By the way, if anyone is definitely interested in purchasing any particular model, let me know. While I cannot legally offer a handgun for sale until it is approved by the roster, I can certainly make note of interested parties for specific handguns. You are always welcome to buy a gift certificate that you can redeem once the model you want becomes legal for sale, and I can make sure that I have enough in stock to meet demand. Or if anyone purchases a firearm online and wants to transfer it to us for submission to the roster, just let me know.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I wasn't sure if you ever procured a sample, so I got a sample to send. If you already have it covered though, then I won't duplicate the submission. I think someone else has a VP9 already, but we have time to verify. If not, I will get one to submit.

I wonder if Marlene would let you submit a representative sample on the petition that I already submitted. That petition was a work of art (I attempted to be so thorough because I did it before they were clear that handguns cannot be ALGs. I think it was a 12 page petition).

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    We intend to submit yet another large group of handguns to the roster board; the next meeting is scheduled September 18 @11:00. I know there are a lot of guns you guys would like to see, so this thread will be dedicated to what we are sending. Let me know what you guys want to see.

So far, there has been a lot of interest in 7.62x39 pistols.

Here's what I have going so far, and I will update this list as we add petitions.

NEW PETITIONS:
    -Arsenal SAM7K
    -IO INC Hellpup 7.62x39
    -Century PAP 7.62x39
    -Century Mini Draco
    -Century M92 5.56
    -SIG P320 (thanks to mikey6480 for sending us a sample to submit)

CALIBER ADDITION PETITIONS:
    -VZ 58 5.56x45 (per request of Wayne1one)
    -VZ 61 380
    -COLT AR15 SBR- 9MM

TABLED SUBMISSIONS:
    -BOBERG XR9-S (which belongs to a MDS member who's handle I do not recall at the moment.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, the Pap M92 is 7.62x39, whereas the PAP M85 is the 5.56.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not sure if the IWI Uzi has ever been submitted or if they will even allow it, but I've been interested in that for a bit.
    My understanding is that the IWI Uzi Pro is supposedly on the backburner for now... IWI-US imported a bunch, and found out they basically were unsalable for quality reasons. This is a shame, given what an interesting gun it was.

http://aftermathgunclub.com/2014/01/26/new-missing-catalog-items-iwi/

And, also, 9x18 Vz.61 sounds like the hotness. My wife is a big fan of 9x18, for whatever weird reason.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    My understanding is that the IWI Uzi Pro is supposedly on the backburner for now... IWI-US imported a bunch, and found out they basically were unsalable for quality reasons. This is a shame, given what an interesting gun it was.

http://aftermathgunclub.com/2014/01/26/new-missing-catalog-items-iwi/

And, also, 9x18 Vz.61 sounds like the hotness. My wife is a big fan of 9x18, for whatever weird reason.

Hence my reticence to submit a sample Uzi Pro until they get all the bugs worked out. Even then, it may be tabled for simply bearing the UZI name, or designated for LEO sales only, much like they did with the Walther .22 Uzi.

The 9x18 VZ61 is going to be fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom