• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    It worked for me. Got my hunting license a couple months ago.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Tis the season Bump. Curious if this is still eligible for MD. I'll find out soon.

Still works. Did mine last month to use for the HQL exemption. It did take a little while for the Texas license site to actually update with my full license. I’m thinking the online course didn’t submit it when I completed it. I sent them an email and magically the Texas site updated within a few minutes and they never emailed me back.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone done this recently? I see it’s for Tx residents am i missing something or did it change? It appears they give you a voucher to attend a field day?!?

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    You are exempt from the hunter saftey requirement if you have a Md carry permit. So if you are a newly minted carrier - go get that license and blast some bambis!

• Any permanent Maryland resident that holds a current, State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun, issued by the Maryland State Police. Note that a Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) IS NOT a qualifying permit for the exemption.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    You are exempt from the hunter saftey requirement if you have a Md carry permit. So if you are a newly minted carrier - go get that license and blast some bambis!

• Any permanent Maryland resident that holds a current, State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun, issued by the Maryland State Police. Note that a Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) IS NOT a qualifying permit for the exemption.
    You are exempt from the field day. You still have to take and pass the online portion

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    You are exempt from the field day. You still have to take and pass the online portion
    Doh. missed that part. Friend is coming over for opening day and was trying to see if the old tx loophole is still a thing. Has a conceal carry. The online thing if I recall is pretty common sense to anyone who can read and who has already obtained a carry permit. And of course there is this "unlimited exam attempts"

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Doh. missed that part. Friend is coming over for opening day and was trying to see if the old tx loophole is still a thing. Has a conceal carry. The online thing if I recall is pretty common sense to anyone who can read and who has already obtained a carry permit. And of course there is this "unlimited exam attempts"
    Make sure he starts the course 3 days in advanced cuz if he takes it seriously it takes a while.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    North Carolina didn’t require a field day a few years ago. Don’t know if it’s still that way.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Make sure he starts the course 3 days in advanced cuz if he takes it seriously it takes a while.
    He finished and got to the exemptions google form that says : we will get to it in 4 to 6 weeks. One would assume you would still be g2g if you did this and then in compass upload all the docs. But this is maryland.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's funny. I took the Texas online class/test a few years ago(exempt from Md cuz I'm old) because I wanted to start hunting other states. I bought a S. Carolina hunting license recently and they did not require a hunter safety card/#. Maybe my age automatically exempted me?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It is a very in-depth course. I thing I did it in 4 days(it was too boring to try and do it in any less time).

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    It is a very in-depth course. I thing I did it in 4 days(it was too boring to try and do it in any less time).
    I retook it with my son. So I watched it all with him and he took the exam. The night before the class I took the online course and kept hitting the “next” button to skip to the exam questions and it still took over an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom