• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Sometimes I have trouble logging in to MDS, and I haven't been able to discern a pattern or to diagnose why that is.

The way it works is, I get the sign-on page, provide my username and password (successfully), click on the Remember Me? box, then hit return.

Up pops the Welcome & click here if the browser doesn't redirect you page, followed by ... the same sign-on page and I'm not recognized.

Sometimes it works if I click on the redirect link. Sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes if I *don't* click on it I can sign on, othertimes not. Sometimes if I try it 3 or 4 times in a row it will let me on, but not always.

I've seen this problem at home (MacOS), at work (Windows XP), using Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, on desktop machines, laptops, and a mobile device (Nexus 7).

Most of the time I don't even have this problem, but it seems to pop up once every week or two.

Note that I'm NOT playing with my cookie or privacy browser options. It just works most of the time, and then stops working, and then starts working again with no changes on my part. Very odd.

I tried searching for others having the same problem in the forum, I can't believe I'm the only one who has this issue, but alas my search terms must have been bad because I couldn't find a problem statement or a solution.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here, and what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This sounds like the same bug we've had since day one for some people, myself included.

After you sign on and get back to the same page with the blank dialog box for logging in, just click on forums in the red tool bar and you'll be in.

No idea why this is a problem and why it works fine after doing the above step, but it works.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Norton, Thanks that helps, but I have to report that it doesn't always work. Case in point today. It didn't recognize me, I went through the suggested sequence, and it still didn't recognize me. I tried it a second time, did exactly the same sequence of keystrokes, and this time it let me in. So it's somewhat a roll of the dice, even still.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    FYI this problem persists. I think it took me 7-8 times today to finally get in and stay in.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Someone call for me?

Attachments

• 2014 - 1.jpg
      2014 - 1.jpg
      20 KB · Views: 167

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I've had this problem for years.

What I usually do is click on "forums" on the left. Then type my credentials in the username/password and then CLICK the submit/enter button. Don't hit the return key.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Well here's a new twist to this old problem. Look at the screenshot below. The message says I'm not signed in while in the upper right hand corner you can see I'm clearly signed in. MDS meet Heisenberg!

Attachments

• MDS login.jpg
      MDS login.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 135

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I get that all the time when browsing using Chrome on a Mac. It's annoying, but as you said, one is logged in and can continue to participate in the forum completely. No uncertainty about it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom