• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 4, 2017
    Hey All. So I'm building a P320 Kit and have put the trigger inside the modular insert (fire control unit) inside the grip. With everything assembled it appears that the--I'm going to call them "ears"-- are too tall so that when the slide is pulled back the striker doesn't make contact with the sear and results in a dead trigger. Looking at the jig with the insert inside, it seems like the jig is too deep for the ears to bend at the correct height. Anyone else have a similar problem and solved it? (Other than saying get a different gun)
    I got my stuff from ghost guns. Thanks

~Sledgehammer

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Try taking it all apart again and putting it back into the jig for some additional tapping? Sure it's the rail heights and not the drilled holes location?
    I haven't done much experimenting, but I think it's possible to not fully seat the frame into the jig and then all the dimensions will be off. I made
    one that seemed to put the slide down to close to the frame, such that I had to carefully press the safety lever down or the slide would hit it.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/sig-sauer/auto-pistols-sig/p320

I threw the frame away and will maybe try again later.

Oct 4, 2017
    ****UPDATE****

I messaged Ghost Guns and they directed me to JSD Supply, the manufacturer, for any questions/answers about the jig. (It seems Ghost Guns is just a re-seller and appears to not know much about the items they sell). JSD sent another jig and two additional inserts. I used this jig and one of inserts and I got the same result.
    After a lot of time researching and tinkering to find out why my pistol would not work, I resolved part of the issue. I realized that the sear "disconnect" is part of the updated trigger kit. The 'standard' slide I received from Ghost Guns is an original--not an updated slide. There is no milled groove inside the slide for the disconnect to rise in. So it was essentially on "safe" even with the slide in the forward position. I removed the disconnect and reinstalled everything. Now it will fire the first round, cycle and load the next round. However, it has a dead trigger unless I manually rack the slide. After watching a video by Hammer Strike on YouTube comparing the differences between the original and updated P320's. I noticed that the sears look very much different. Hammer Strike was cool enough to reply to some comments of mine and confirmed that the new sear will not function correctly with an original slide. He's gained a new subscriber and I would recommend everyone else to subscribe as well.

Ghost Guns is sending me an updated slide and prepaid return postage for the old one. Now just waiting for the slide and it should work flawlessly. I'm disappointed that they seem ignorant about their products but they have been pretty compliant in getting the problem resolved. I would still consider ordering from them since their prices are so much better than everywhere else, just to verify with them what everything is first. Hope this helps anyone else if they are having similar problems.

~Sledgehammer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Asdfg12345

Latest threads

Top Bottom