• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just drove to Hagerstown the other day up route 40. Much to my surprise the Sheetz that was at the intersection of 40/66 was totally demolished along with the gas storage tanks being dug up. No signs, no notice. No idea what’s going in there.....maybe another Royal Farms?

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Just drove to Hagerstown the other day up route 40. Much to my surprise the Sheetz that was at the intersection of 40/66 was totally demolished along with the gas storage tanks being dug up. No signs, no notice. No idea what’s going in there.....maybe another Royal Farms?

Probably rebuilding it

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Is it just me or, is it taking entirely too long for the new Rofo on Buckeystown Pike to re-open?

I wants my shicken. I wants my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, mon. And I don't wants to have to drive all the way down to Urbana or all the way up to 7th Street to get it. The Buckeystown Pike location is < 2 miles from my house. C'mon Rofo! What if I stop-by and nail a shingle down on your roof if that'll help? I'm willing to work for free at this point. :party29:

My office is back behind the Texas road house in the business park and I have to go down 270 and out 70 towards Baltimore. It is the only gas station that is convient. I have been having to go to sheetz if I don’t remember to grab gas before going to work.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Is it just me or, is it taking entirely too long for the new Rofo on Buckeystown Pike to re-open?

I wants my shicken. I wants my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, mon. And I don't wants to have to drive all the way down to Urbana or all the way up to 7th Street to get it. The Buckeystown Pike location is < 2 miles from my house. C'mon Rofo! What if I stop-by and nail a shingle down on your roof if that'll help? I'm willing to work for free at this point. :party29:

I believe the intention was to demolish it and rebuild it how they wanted, due to the space constraints of the building and the lay out of the existing infrastructure.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I believe the intention was to demolish it and rebuild it how they wanted, due to the space constraints of the building and the lay out of the existing infrastructure.

I figured they would have to bulldoze that old place. It was way too small but, I thought the new one would be completely built and open for biz by now. Seems like it's taking longer than it usually does, although, the deluge of rain we've had in Frederick hasn't been exactly ideal for construction projects.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I figured they would have to bulldoze that old place. It was way too small but, I thought the new one would be completely built and open for biz by now. Seems like it's taking longer than it usually does, although, the deluge of rain we've had in Frederick hasn't been exactly ideal for construction projects.

IT does appear to be taking forever for it to reopen, but I would believe the amount of rain has been the real issue and also they probably needed to get approval to remove the old tanks. But then again on the RoFo website they don't have it listed, but Google says that location is permanently closed. Who knows what is really going on with that RoFo location.

Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    I noticed this past weekend that they've broken ground for the Royal Farms at Monacacy and Gas House. There's also a Now Hiring sign there too. I'm hoping they get it built and opened in good time. By this Friday would be great but I'm maybe being a touch optimistic.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I noticed this past weekend that they've broken ground for the Royal Farms at Monacacy and Gas House. There's also a Now Hiring sign there too. I'm hoping they get it built and opened in good time. By this Friday would be great but I'm maybe being a touch optimistic.

Ha! I noticed that too. It looks like they timed it to open roughly about the time the new bridge opens over the Monocacy. That was initially scheduled for April, 2019. That’s made it a real pain getting into downtown. It will be nice to have it open; also, the new interchange with Monocacy and 15 is open now too.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Still closer than Urbana or Rosemont for me, when I need some chicken!

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Agree with the 1fellow WaWa is the best . Stopped getting rofo chicken started to not agree with me .greasy. But when son comes home from college he likes it . Building every where up there .glad to see they are taking care of battlefield there. Urbana was farm fields ( no houses ) go to track on weekends .man miss the 70s/ 80s. Reminiscing and off topic . Still nice up there.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Agree with the 1fellow WaWa is the best . Stopped getting rofo chicken started to not agree with me .greasy. But when son comes home from college he likes it . Building every where up there .glad to see they are taking care of battlefield there. Urbana was farm fields ( no houses ) go to track on weekends .man miss the 70s/ 80s. Reminiscing and off topic . Still nice up there.

That is a shame about 75/80. The last owners were really doing a good job, racers really liked the way things were being run. Something truly unique disappears only to be replaced by yet another mixed use development. Just what we need.

Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the dead one more time because cumulatively you guys seem to know everything there is to know.
    So I see online that there is some kind of soft opening for the Monocacy Royal farms tomorrow 5/16. Does that mean that the store is open and they just haven't had the Grand OPENING yet or is tomorrow just a sort of practice day?

I NEED chicken so any info is appreciated:yummy:.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the dead one more time because cumulatively you guys seem to know everything there is to know.
    So I see online that there is some kind of soft opening for the Monocacy Royal farms tomorrow 5/16. Does that mean that the store is open and they just haven't had the Grand OPENING yet or is tomorrow just a sort of practice day?

I NEED chicken so any info is appreciated:yummy:.

Yes, they will be open. They do that to see if everything works properly, before the grand opening gala.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Current special:

050119_04_v2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver