HoCo
    senator.rosapepe@inbox.com,
    jim.rosapepe@senate.state.md.us,
    barbara.frush@house.state.md.us,
    joseline.pena.melnyk@house.state.md.us,
    ben.barnes@house.state.md.us

Subject: The Second Amendment Rights of Maryland Residents

Elected Officials,

Be advised that we will be lending our support financial and otherwise to General Assembly members that are respectful of the right of Maryland citizens to defend and protect themselves. Self defense is a God given right and is central to the U.S. Constitution. Actions that restrict access to firearms punish only the law abiding while making us more likely to be crime victims. Maryland continues to have one of the highest violent crime rates in the United States. This is in large part due to individuals in your position preventing law abiding citizens from having the right to defend themselves. We strongly urge you to investigate the crime rates in states where law abiding citizens are able to carry firearms for self protection in a "shall issue" manner. Armed law abiding citizens are the greatest deterrent to violent crime. You have each sworn an oath to protect the U.S. Constitution, you should vote on bills accordingly rather than allow your personal feelings to cloud your oath. We along with a great many Maryland residents will vote at the polls and with our money for candidates who support our natural right to protect ourselves. You may not have intended to do so but we assure you that you woke a sleeping giant with your votes on the Firearm Safety Act of 2013. Passage of this law accomplished nothing in the way of public safety but rather burdened the law abiding citizens of Maryland making it more difficult for us to protect ourselves. Public Safety cannot be accomplished through the restriction of rights of the law abiding. Perhaps you each should consider becoming tough on crime through bills such as: reinstating the death penalty in Maryland, increasing mandatory minimum sentences for violent crimes, and overhauling the embarrassing state correctional system. As constituents and citizens of Maryland and therefore your employer we are forced to give you a failing grade for your performance during 2013.

Mr. & Mrs ___________
    Laurel, MD

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    A good start, but things've gotten so far beyond constitutionality in Maryland that I often wonder why impeachments haven't (long-ago) become the order of the day--both here and at 1600 Penn Ave. And, for the record, I'm a life-long (albeit JFK-style) Democrat.

I think it's nonsensical, at this point, to expect to change the minds of the vast majority of anti-2nd Amendment types. What I DO think would be useful is a good, honest televised debate on a major tv network at prime time (are you available Newt?!) -in tandem with- an open and highly publicized invitation from all gun ranges for a free day of shooting (that would be the best use of NRA dollars). Shooting an actual gun will, I believe, do more to convince liberals that a gun CAN be something other than a violent & destructive machine used to kill and maim innocent people and animals, which is the way the average taxpayer's been conditioned to perceive them. And in today's politically fashionable nanny state, can you really blame them?!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The first response as received yesterday

RE: The Second Amendment Rights of Maryland Residents
    Inbox
    x

Frush, Barbara Delegate (Laptop) <Delegate.B.Frush@house.state.md.us>
    4:32 PM (23 hours ago)

to me
    I appreciate having the benefit of your views. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Delegate Barbara A. Frush
    District 21, Prince George's & Anne Arundel Counties
    Phone: (301) 858-3114/(410) 841-3114
    Fax: (301) 858-3116/ (410) 841-3116
    Barbara.Frush@house.state.md.us

RE: The Second Amendment Rights of Maryland Residents
    Inbox
    x

Frush, Barbara Delegate (Laptop) <Delegate.B.Frush@house.state.md.us>
    4:32 PM (23 hours ago)

to me
    I appreciate having the benefit of your views. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Delegate Barbara A. Frush
    District 21, Prince George's & Anne Arundel Counties
    Phone: (301) 858-3114/(410) 841-3114
    Fax: (301) 858-3116/ (410) 841-3116
    Barbara.Frush@house.state.md.us
    That's the nicest F-U she could come up with! Let me interpret...

"I reluctantly read your letter. You are wrong, and I reject your opinion as if it does not exist. Expect further trampling of your "rights" which I look forward to eliminating for the good of the state."

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Reply back telling her these aren't just views but in the upcoming election they will be actions. I will be actively supporting your opponent. Good luck.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Good letter but they carry more weight if you include I/we are registered democrats.

The reason for Operation DINO.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I agree by telling them I will be actively and financially supporting a candidate against them in any future elections.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Second Reply received today

Pena-Melnyk, Joseline Delegate

to me
    Dear _________,

Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts on gun control legislation with regard to the upcoming Legislative Session. Please know that should any of these bills reach the floor of the House of Delegates for debate and a vote, I will keep your comments in mind. Although you may not agree with my record in this matter, I am did my very best to support the greater body of constituents from District 21.

I always appreciate hearing from my constituents and value their opinions on all matters before the General Assembly. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any future questions or concerns. Have a wonderful and safe New Year.

Sincerely,

Delegate Joseline A. Peña-Melnyk

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    She failed to say the greater body of district 21 constituents are the illegal ones or shall I say undocumented democrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom