• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The wicomico county executive has been concerned about this range since the incident last year that sent several 50 cal bmg rounds over the berm hence the reason that 50bmg ban there now. He has questioned us about our private ranges and is thinking of putting restrictions on ranges. Since there are only two public ranges in Wicomico county this could become a problem.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The wicomico county executive has been concerned about this range since the incident last year that sent several 50 cal bmg rounds over the berm hence the reason that 50bmg ban there now. He has questioned us about our private ranges and is thinking of putting restrictions on ranges. Since there are only two public ranges in Wicomico county this could become a problem.

I heard about this incident and the subsequent ban. I couldn't help but to :lol2: Funny thing is, an idiot with a 7mm mag, 338 lapua, 408 chey tech, etc. can do as much damage as an idiot with a 50. The least common denominator isn't the round used, it's the idiot behind the trigger.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

I heard about this incident and the subsequent ban. I couldn't help but to :lol2: Funny thing is, an idiot with a 7mm mag, 338 lapua, 408 chey tech, etc. can do as much damage as an idiot with a 50. The least common denominator isn't the round used, it's the idiot behind the trigger.

That incident was pretty pathetic. The kid shooting should never be allowed to touch another firearm and I'll leave my comment at that. One of the things that makes it even more aggravating in regards to your comment is I'm tired of one person always ruining it for a huge majority. I usually go to Delmarva on Fridays now because of weekend crowds.

Feb 28, 2013

Where did those wind up landin' where it got the county exec's attention?

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Where did those wind up landin' where it got the county exec's attention?

Across the river and near a dwelling. The problem is with the operator of the firearms but the SO should keep a eye on the long range shooters. This was fragrant but just a few degrees can put something over the berm. Same thing happened at the Salisbury Gun Club several years ago and they did away with the 200 yard range, only 50 and 100 yards now

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Across the river and near a dwelling. The problem is with the operator of the firearms but the SO should keep a eye on the long range shooters. This was fragrant but just a few degrees can put something over the berm. Same thing happened at the Salisbury Gun Club several years ago and they did away with the 200 yard range, only 50 and 100 yards now

Not even a few degrees, wasnt the Coast Guard and Police called during a night shoot cause so many tracer rounds was bouncing off the berms and looking like flares in the river?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I was told by a reliable source they went into the barn right after the Steele's neck turn on the road to Elliot's. And it was a good group but the occurrence did not happen all at the same time. Apparently strays had been there before. Its about 9000' across the river.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not even a few degrees, wasnt the Coast Guard and Police called during a night shoot cause so many tracer rounds was bouncing off the berms and looking like flares in the river?

Idiots on the water thought the tracers were on the water somewhere. They bounced straight up, some went wayyyy up. Any that bounced some other direction stayed on the range and would not have been visible on the water. 7.62x39 bounced more than any other tracer round fired there. There was one round that went over the 300 into the woods and started a fire ... unknown caliber.

Banning 7.62x39 tracer would probably solve all the tracer problems at DSC.

Coast Guard, MSP and DNR were notified ahead of time and acknowledged - then ALL failed to notify the shift that night

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Idiots on the water thought the tracers were on the water somewhere. They bounced straight up, some went wayyyy up. Any that bounced some other direction stayed on the range and would not have been visible on the water. 7.62x39 bounced more than any other tracer round fired there. There was one round that went over the 300 into the woods and started a fire ... unknown caliber.

Banning 7.62x39 tracer would probably solve all the tracer problems at DSC.

Coast Guard, MSP and DNR were notified ahead of time and acknowledged - then ALL failed to notify the shift that night

Idiots on the water maybe wasnt sure as there is alot of water in that area and if your on the river it could look like they was coming from the marsh area.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    It amazes me how far people are traveling to shoot there. Is it that difficult to find a place to shoot outdoors on the western shore or is it just because people like to go there? For pistol shooting it seems like a lot of that could occur out in the counties? Or do ordinances come into play even in the outlying metro areas that make it a problem?

I live in Mt Airy and have gone multiple times just to shoot their 500 yard steel. I do like the range but have seen some rather unsafe things. My buddy and I were driving back (from some skeet stations) on the range road that runs between a few of their skeet stands and their 3 gun range. They were firing in our direction while we drove past. Couldnt have been but 100 yards away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom