• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Variably1913

May 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Ammo seams to be returning so I've been adding more Handgun JHP to the stock pile in the Presidential deadly 9mm. and more 30 rd. AR mags and added to my backup of Glock mags also .
    A local market had whole chicken leg with thighs for 55 cents a pound so we got 60 lbs. , Separated the Thighs from the drum sticks and their was a section of backbone too that I'll roast and make stock with . All vacuum sealed in meal size portions .

How long does the chicken last for you? I assume you are freezing it?

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    How long does the chicken last for you? I assume you are freezing it?
    We eat chicken fairly regular and never had any get freezer burn from age , We do freeze it .
    I do love beef but I won't pay what there asking for it , Now when they put it on close out because of its sell by date is close I'll grab it and that's dinner that day , If it's a large roast what doesn't get eaten becomes beef noodle soup , stew , tacos and such ,

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Everyone needs on of these.

Attachments

• still.jpg
      still.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 99

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just a heads up that if you have a chainsaw to not get complacent about shard chains, bar oil, 2 cycle oil.

I was down to fumes on all three and had a monster limb, like 45 feet of it, in the yard this evening.

Resting on the fence in two neighbors yards.

Managed to have enough to start making a dent and need to up my game on supplies tomorrow so I am set if supplies become unavailable or I need to do a ton of work due to a storm or something

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Everyone needs on of these.
    Just a heads up or reminder that in Maryland, unless you have a distillers license, possession of distilling equipment is a felony offense with up to 10 years in prison. An affirmative defense is it is possessed for distillation of water.

That said, I might know of a few nano distillers who certainly haven't paid the thousand bucks (couple thousand?) for a distillers license to produce small quantities for themselves and some friends.

Also a reminder, Maryland is stupid.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just a heads up or reminder that in Maryland, unless you have a distillers license, possession of distilling equipment is a felony offense with up to 10 years in prison. An affirmative defense is it is possessed for distillation of water.

That said, I might know of a few nano distillers who certainly haven't paid the thousand bucks (couple thousand?) for a distillers license to produce small quantities for themselves and some friends.

Only for alcohol.. distillers are used for many purposes such as water, therapeutic oils
    Is it legal to distill alcohol without possession of a commercial distiller’s permit or a fuel alcohol permit?

• No. Maryland Code Section g2b-1-201(a)(3) provides that “A person may not manufacture, blend, rectify, bottle or suffer to be manufactured, blended, rectified or bottled any alcoholic beverages except on premises licensed under this article unless otherwise provided for in this article”.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only for alcohol.. distillers are used for many purposes such as water, therapeutic oils
    Is it legal to distill alcohol without possession of a commercial distiller’s permit or a fuel alcohol permit?

• No. Maryland Code Section g2b-1-201(a)(3) provides that “A person may not manufacture, blend, rectify, bottle or suffer to be manufactured, blended, rectified or bottled any alcoholic beverages except on premises licensed under this article unless otherwise provided for in this article”.
    Yeah if you are running a business that’s going to be fine. If you are home distilling, that’s going to be harder to explain what non-alcohol distilling use you are actually using it for (I hope you have an Etsy store front or something for your therapeutic oils. Infusions/tinctures wouldn’t be okay, because you would still be distilling alcohol, even if not for getting drunk)

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Move to Missouri. It’s legal to distill up to 200 gallons of alcohol per year for personal use. I’m not sure how you function as a person if you use those 200 gallons for personal use, but it is legal. :lol2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Move to Missouri. It’s legal to distill up to 200 gallons of alcohol per year for personal use. I’m not sure how you function as a person if you use those 200 gallons for personal use, but it is legal. :lol2:
    Paint stripper?

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

Really, just like all the gun criminals too :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom