• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    I'm looking to get a silencer that I can use on 5.56, 22 lr, and 22 wmr. Don't wanna break the bank either. What would you recommend and price please? Thanks.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I'm looking to get a silencer that I can use on 5.56, 22 lr, and 22 wmr. Don't wanna break the bank either. What would you recommend and price please? Thanks.

Generally speaking, there are no worthwhile 5.56 cans that I'd run on anything rimfire. You want your rimfire cans to be user serviceable, since rimfire is especially dirty. Most 5.56 cans will have their baffles welded in for durability, and therefore will not be user serviceable.

The only user serviceable 5.56 can that I can think of off-hand is the Liberty Constitution, which is a direct-thread suppressor. I suppose it'd be fine on a bolt gun, but direct-thread gets really old on AR-pattern rifles. It's also 20 ounces, so I would't want to run it on a .22 pistol.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    but that's a bank breaker......

They're $900 from SilencerShop, which, while on the expensive end I don't think is silly for what it does.

The issue is finding one in stock somewhere. :)

And yeah, OP, if you want one can for all that stuff, the Optimus is about it. The trick, as has been mentioned, is that you want a user serviceable can if you're going to shoot rimfire in it because it will get filthy. The Optimus plus a stamp will be about $1100 or so, IF you can find one.

I don't know what your budget is, but you could also do something like a SilencerCo Spectre 2 ($350 or so plus stamp) for the rimfire stuff and a YHM Phantom, or a SIG SRD556, or an AAC 556-SD, all of which are about $500 plus stamp. That would put you at about $1250 all in with stamps, which is a decent amount of money but is only about $150 more than an Optimus would run you and you end up with a better can for the rimfire stuff with a decent can for the centerfire stuff.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    They're $900 from SilencerShop, which, while on the expensive end I don't think is silly for what it does.

The issue is finding one in stock somewhere. :)

And yeah, OP, if you want one can for all that stuff, the Optimus is about it. The trick, as has been mentioned, is that you want a user serviceable can if you're going to shoot rimfire in it because it will get filthy. The Optimus plus a stamp will be about $1100 or so, IF you can find one.

I don't know what your budget is, but you could also do something like a SilencerCo Spectre 2 ($350 or so plus stamp) for the rimfire stuff and a YHM Phantom, or a SIG SRD556, or an AAC 556-SD, all of which are about $500 plus stamp. That would put you at about $1250 all in with stamps, which is a decent amount of money but is only about $150 more than an Optimus would run you and you end up with a better can for the rimfire stuff with a decent can for the centerfire stuff.
    Oh I'm with you bro, OP wanted a do it all suppressor for cheap which is crazy. I was being facetious trying to predict his response. But these modular suppressors are perfect for the guy that just wants one that can do everything. Even at 1k it's still a deal.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    No problem. I have done a metric ton of research on this over the past year or so, and my first can is in jail at the moment, so I figured I may as well share my thoughts.

I've got pistol and subsonic .300BLK covered with one can, and now I figure I need two more - a centerfire rifle can and a rimfire can. Rimfire will be a Spectre 2, and centerfire rifle most likely will be a Rugged Surge. I just need to get off my ass and get them bought.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    No problem. I have done a metric ton of research on this over the past year or so, and my first can is in jail at the moment, so I figured I may as well share my thoughts.

I've got pistol and subsonic .300BLK covered with one can, and now I figure I need two more - a centerfire rifle can and a rimfire can. Rimfire will be a Spectre 2, and centerfire rifle most likely will be a Rugged Surge. I just need to get off my ass and get them bought.

I went with the Silencerco Sparrow and Hybrid, both are in purgatory until late spring or summer. The Hybrid may be large for the hand guns, but they all have red dots that should clear the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom