• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Hello, time to make some updates. Any thoughts about an average cost for full bath remodel (not master)? Live near Mt Airy / Woodbine, any recommendations for tradesman?

jfinlay

Sep 18, 2012
    Family friend has done two, neither with major drywall or electrical. Low grade components, $3500 with tile work, $5500 or more with a glass block wall, claw foot tub and tile work. These were 5-7 years ago, so assume you’d have to 2x-2.5x this to deal with time and eliminating family friend discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Lot of info missing.

Size of bathroom. Relocating services (toilet here from there?). Finishes. Lighting. Fiberglass insert or tiled from floor to ceiling. Room in good shape already, no saggy floor from old leaks..

Not nearly enough info.

Just did an 8x5 foot bathroom or so... Down to studs, new subfloor, tub out and shower pan in, tile everywhere, wallpaper, new light fixtures (added one, too), new toilet, new everything really.. nothing stayed. Did all work myself minus some plumbing. Maybe 6k all in. Month's worth of my free time.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I had 2 small ones redone with really nice tile in stand up showers and everything torn down $10K each.
    This was our old house and 6 years ago.
    Master bath with 2 sinks and a shower that had high end tile that looked like a Roman Bath was almost $20K
    This was around Laurel so I'd hope being further out, your going to be doing better on prices.

Almost 15 years ago I redid a kids bathroom and hired everyone separately. I had a plumber install the tub, hired tile people and put in the Cabinets and mirror myself. I purchased all materials. Spend less than $1000 for the tile labor and plumber for the new tub. I don't recall how much materials were.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I just got two done. MoCo

Hallway full bathroom (kids) 13K. Full renovation (New tile, tub, vanity, quartz, drywall, fixtures, sub flooring, recessed lighting, bidet seats, built in shelves and the recessed shelving, the F’works)

Master with full renovation just like above but a new design lay out, new framing, full gut and with the new design came a new walk in closet we were north of 20. Oh that price doesn’t include our shower doors (which aren’t here yet from Dulles glass) and California closets

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I just got two done. MoCo

Hallway full bathroom (kids) 13K. Full renovation (New tile, tub, vanity, quartz, drywall, fixtures, sub flooring, recessed lighting, bidet seats, built in shelves and the recessed shelving, the F’works)

Master with full renovation just like above but a new design lay out, new framing, full gut and with the new design came a new walk in closet we were north of 20. Oh that price doesn’t include our shower doors (which aren’t here yet from Dulles glass) and California closets

Thays awesome 1000% doing bidet seats! Trying to convince the wife!

BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Thanks, good info. Plan to keep plumbing where it is. Room is in good shape structurally, no plans to go down to studs or need to mess with subfloor.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Mid 20s for MB if doing new toilet, cabinets, lights, mirrors, sinks, faucets, tile floor and partial on wall, glass shower enclosure, new sub floor and paint. Add more for any better tub.

Regular 2nd bath 10-15 if same general scope. Powder room 2k

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    8 K for contractor he bought building supplies from drywall to rock board . I did demo down to studs . I spent approx. 4,500.00 on other stuff maybe 5K Fairly big bathroom wall in tile shower .

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Family friend has done two, neither with major drywall or electrical. Low grade components, $3500 with tile work, $5500 or more with a glass block wall, claw foot tub and tile work. These were 5-7 years ago, so assume you’d have to 2x-2.5x this to deal with time and eliminating family friend discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

****Wow. That is *really* inexpensive in my experience. I own rental homes, and have had to remodel several bathrooms, kitchens, etc.. in between tenants to keep things updated and for tax purposes, etc.. Even a small powder room will run $3500 minimum depending upon fixture options. A master or full bath, moderate quality (rental quality... Toto toilets, Lowes or HD type stick on flooring or even nice looking and hard wearing tile, etc..), without full drywall replacement nor moving toilets around, or converting a tub to a nicer stand in shower with tile floor, glass doors, etc.. will run minimum 8-10k and up, at least in MoCo...

A full gutting of a master bath, depending upon sq footage and quality of fixtures will be 18k-25k+ with new everything... If you do a stand alone type shower with a ceramic type floor, versus a tub, make SURE the installer knows what they are doing!!! It is very easy for some hack to make it look nice and then it leaks due to improper installation and it just destroys whatever is under the leak - usually the next floor down...

Things add up quickly if you add in nicer cabinets, quartz or granite, nice tiles, fancy glass shower doors, heated flooring, etc..

Just make sure you get someone competent to do the work, or you will be ripping it out and doing it again. I've seen some Harry Homeowner jobs over the years, or just really bad contractors that basically had no business being in the remodeling business.

Good luck and make sure you ask for references.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Try Mast Construction services in Mount Airy, honest guy (Mennonite) with a really good reputation in the area.

I usually do the work myself because I’m cheap and super picky. I just finished remodeling the kids bathroom, the six year old tore the new towel rack out of the wall on the second day. Fixed that, if it happens again he will looking at the laundry room.

I’m not sure what the deal is with bidets but it seems like everyone is getting them. My wife had the kids peeing in one last year in Ireland, she thought it was a urinal, I had to explain. Recently installed one in the in law suite, my MIL now has the cleanest posterior in Carroll County.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thanks for the estimates. Hoping to do a master and hall in 2021. Not sure what the deal is with bidets or how they work? Poop, spray and then what? Wet @ss and pull up your pants?

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    Do tubs get much use these days? We never use our jacuzzi tub that came with the house and often thought about ripping it out to get more counter space. When redoing a master bath would lack of tub hurt resale? Up our way for recommendations... Allgood Contracting or JABS LLC.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Do tubs get much use these days? We never use our jacuzzi tub that came with the house and often thought about ripping it out to get more counter space. When redoing a master bath would lack of tub hurt resale? Up our way for recommendations... Allgood Contracting or JABS LLC.

I pulled out tub out as it never got used. Really too small anyhow. Not having to hoist yourself over the tub wall is a benefit. Shower pan gives more flat space, too. Kids bath will stay. They can still enjoy the tub for a soak.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Mid 20s for MB if doing new toilet, cabinets, lights, mirrors, sinks, faucets, tile floor and partial on wall, glass shower enclosure, new sub floor and paint. Add more for any better tub.

Regular 2nd bath 10-15 if same general scope. Powder room 2k

Thats what I'm seeing, getting estimates for rehabbing two small baths and estimates are ranging 17k to 25k, both down to studs, one bath new tub, one convert to shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom