Glock 17 to 22LR conversion kit thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK,
    Gen 3 Glock 17, Looking to shoot 22LR out of it. What is the consensus (can there be one on MDS?) on the most reliable conversion kit out there?
    Is there any advantage to a G19 (P80 Kit) to 22LR kit over a factory G17 to 22LR kit?

Any differences in general for Polymer 80 G17 & G19 performance over a factory Glock Lower?

I already have 22 Pistols and yes, I can shoot that. Not planning to go out and try to get another 22LR pisotl. But my choice will be a Glock 22LR conversion kit, or nothing at all.
    I have a wide variety of 22LR in my stores to choose from.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Advantage is picky on ammo. Based usually on velocity of ammo. They specifically say what ammo to not use, but it is functional once it is broken in.

Q

HSTD

Mar 25, 2020
    Clear Spring
    I had an early version of the advantage arms kit for the G19, and it wasn't very reliable. every sort of ammo I used would have FTEs, FTFs, and double feeds at some point. I've read that they have modified their product since then, but never tried it again myself.

instead of practicing with .22lr, I decided to go the dry fire route. I picked up a SRT training gun for about $240, a cheapshot 9mm laser for $35, and the lasrapp classic was about $125.

https://lasrapp.com/store/nextlevel-training-sirt-110-pistol
    https://www.amazon.com/CheapShot-Tactical-Training-Laser-Ring/dp/B077Q8RXB9
    http://lasrapp.com

Don't need to go to a range, and can practice whenever I want at a moments notice.

Even just getting the cheapshot laser is worth it for $35. Almost unlimited dry fire practice, and with your own 9mm.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    My Advantage Arms upper is solid with Remington Golden Bullets. I've not tried it with a Polymer80 lower, but I think that will be my next range trip.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have a Tactical Solutions kit that took multiple trips back to them before they seemed to get it right. I think it was pretty new to Tac Sol, at the time I bought it and I am guessing there were some definite growing pains. I would probably buy another.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have this setup. Poly 80 G17/22 frame. Standard velocity rounds seem to cycle better than high or hyper velocities it's not 100% reliable but enough to be a fun shooter

What ammo were you using?
    I have Rem golden but more of
    CCI SV
    CCI mini mags
    Winchester 333/555
    Federal Auto Match (LOTS)

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    My 2 cents: go with Advantage Arms ; a friend's runs 100% and likes CCI mini-mags, but very fussy about lower-velocity ammo and seems to need well-coated primers. CCI velocitors and stingers run fine, but in both cases the groups opened up quite a bit.
    BTW, this is on a 19 lower... the 19 with an AA kit on it weighs less than the 19 upper alone.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have the TacSol one. It's also ammo picky and needs to be lubed pretty good, but runs pretty reliably with Mini-Mags.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I literally just received an AA kit for Glock 26/27 in the mail today.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I have the AA kit on a P80 SC frame. Follow the instructions and works excellent. Took a bit of break in, and lube on the extractor, but excellent since. I run MiniMags with no issues.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have advantage arms on a gen 3 glock 17. with decent ammo it runs flawlessly!!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have on Back order an Advantage Arms G17 Kit with the Glock store.
    We'll see what comes first, the Kit or the Range opening back up :)

Gunner220

Jul 24, 2012
    Might be better off with the dedicated Glock 22lr, For the most part conversion kits work when they feel like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom