• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I have been reading up on it from what I can tell having it removes the limit of buying a regulated firearm every 30 days. I can't really see any other limits or requirements.

Because there looks like a lot to gain and no side effects I decided to look over the form. The form looks pretty straight forward except for one of the questions? The question is "Describe nature of collecting activities"?

What is generally put there?

Thanks
    Robert

I put the following on mine and my sons. Naturally my son had to have his own form notarized, but both came back approved.

investment,target shooting, and occasional hunting

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Notary

Who did you use to notarize this? Don't like the idea of going to a bank for a notary on a gun form.
    I used a credit union, but if you look in the yellow pages you will find individual notaries who will do the deed for you, for a price. A call to one or more of them should provide you with the cost but if your bank notarizes them, go for it. My bank notary is an employee of the bank and logged the notary process in her log book. Every notary has to keep a record of what they notarize.

cmulligan80

Feb 5, 2013
    Rockville
    Who did you use to notarize this? Don't like the idea of going to a bank for a notary on a gun form.

I had no problem at the bank. Actually the notary mentioned he was going to an area range after work with one of his coworkers. It was there way of blowing off steam at the end of the day.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I submitted my Designated Collector's paperwork on January 28th (notarized at the local UPS store for $5 - rumor has it some gun shops will notarize these for free).

Received my accepted response yesterday, February 27th. That puts it at 27 days for me - running a full week quicker than firearm approval times. Now to start collecting!

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    I spoke to Trooper Thompson today. She said she is only through completing Feb 2nd. So for all of you who were submitted in late January I would suspect you should be seeing your letters soon.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I spoke to Trooper Thompson today. She said she is only through completing Feb 2nd. So for all of you who were submitted in late January I would suspect you should be seeing your letters soon.

Well I mailed mine out around the 7th so I not gonna bother with calling then. I'll wait a little more patiently

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for the updates. I submitted mine on the 4th. Hopefully I get mine back in a few days. Otherwise I'll have to wait the current 39+ days plus the additionally required 21 days on each purchase. I'm sure that the 39+ days number will just continue to climb.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Thanks for the updates. I submitted mine on the 4th. Hopefully I get mine back in a few days. Otherwise I'll have to wait the current 39+ days plus the additionally required 21 days on each purchase. I'm sure that the 39+ days number will just continue to climb.

That would only happen if more than 15,000 guns are sold in MD each month ... I'm thinking the shops have already pretty much run out. In a few weeks MSP should be caught up with the massive run on guns

Time will tell

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    That would only happen if more than 15,000 guns are sold in MD each month ... I'm thinking the shops have already pretty much run out. In a few weeks MSP should be caught up with the massive run on guns

Time will tell

I hope you are correct -- but I don't see things getting better anytime soon. Local FFL's might be short of stock but people will just buy more on-line and go thru the expense and hassle of transfers. I know it has been written that MSP is doing everything possible, including mandatory overtime, but their staff must be tired and worn out from 3 months of probably triple the workload they normally have. In addition, the # of applications that need further investigating, tracking down applications that fell into the MSP fax machine black hole, as well as increasing #'s of calls and e-mails asking for the status of applications is going to slow things even further --- and now we'll have the pressure of finding and buying anything we really want that might be banned in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom