• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am probably going to ditch the m4 stock for a Magpul MOE stock. But I was kind of curious about trying to paint the m4 stock. The handguard is turning out really well with rustoleum camo deep forest green (pretty close to Magpul OD green). Not super concerned about the durability. If it scratches and the black shoes through on the handguard I view it as character.

Thoughts on it adhering to the plastic of the stock? The spray paint claims it is good to go with plastic, but is it likely just to get torn apart? I don't mind some scratches shaking black, but I don't want it to look patchy from wear (I guess then I just get the better stock)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My Dad has changed the color on his stock M4 furniture several times. Krylon with matte clear coat to keep it stuck down a bit better. Has worked out fine although he does baby his rifles.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Solution #1- Wear adds character.

Solution #2- Spray another coat of Rustoleum, it's cheap enough.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am going with approaches 1 and 2. Thanks! Looks pretty good so far I think. I taped the butt plate and the rim as o figured those are the highest wear items. I'll take the tape off this evening and see if the whole hunt just needs to be sprayed.

Any solutions to take the rattle? Just a tiny hair of wiggle room with the stock on the tube. I haven't really looked at the clearance, but it ain't much. I have a roll of vinyl weather stripping for installing windows and doors (the stuff that is like 15mil and 8" side). I was thinking maybe cut a strip and insert it between the buffer tube and stock maybe. Dunno. I may also just leave it alone

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    My go to paints are Rustoleum and Tamiya model paint. Between the two you have a huge palette if you use flat and satin, just hit with a clear flat after.

PS- Krylon is not as chemical resistant as the above two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom