• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    So I ditched my leupold mark ar 6-18. It was a bit much for the rifle. I snagged a nikon monarch off a deer rifle to test the rifle more and I knew I wanted something less then 4-12.

I started looking hard at 2-10 scopes and finally pulled the trigger on a burris xtr ii 2-10x42. First impressions are this thing is stout. It has nice positive clicks, everything is big so with gloves on it will be manipulated easily, the glass is clear and the illuminated reticle is a nice touch.

Every downfall of the vortex pst 2-10 I have read or seen seems to be good on the burris. It's more clear then my nikon monarch 4-12x40.

I'd say the only downfall is the 34 mm tube isn't as common but burris makes a pepr mount for it which I snagged. LaRue makes one, badger makes rings, and so does burris and leupold. I've had luck with the pepr before and found a used one on amazon.

Now all that's left is to cronograph some shots and run it through a ballistics program, make a dope card and then set up the zero stops and run it from 25-600 yards. So far from just messing with it in the back yard, seeing it in low light and some 20 yard dry firing on a man size steel target I really like this scope. Aside from swapping to a aac brake for later I think my spr is finnaly done.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    noveskee spr 18" 1:7 twist and a SSE trigger. The upper was gone through by Chad. Im finally happy with it. It shoots 62 grain noslers and 77 grain noslers very well at 100,200,300,400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom