• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Yeah I can understand that. Nothing wrong with the M145. Just kind of ugly IMO and I am sure the reticle on the ACOG is nicer. However for the range... sure it would be good. Of course irons are too.

I am using the H3 buffer it comes with. Do you have any link issues with them jamming. What Hydraulic buffer are you using?

I had link issues when I got my first 1. Sent it back and they swapped out the feedtray . I use a Endine buffer on both but I see the KYNTEC looks to be identical to it ( Brownells sells them) Went from 3-4 rd burst walking off target. to putting all the shots in a 6 to 8 inch circle at 100 yards in full auto. Makes a huge difference and drops the cycle rate about 150 to 200 rds a min slower . I haven't had a feed issue on the newer upper as bad as the old 1. Added the buffer on the new 1 and no more feed or hammer following issues with the new upper. Had the H3 buffer in the new 1 at first. then switched it out.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Thank you very much for your advice and help!

Your welcome. Glad I could help. Its a cool gun you got there. If these are ever able to accept HK trigger packs, I am going to have to get into one. They sure are cool.

I had link issues when I got my first 1. Sent it back and they swapped out the feedtray . I use a Endine buffer on both but I see the KYNTEC looks to be identical to it ( Brownells sells them) Went from 3-4 rd burst walking off target. to putting all the shots in a 6 to 8 inch circle at 100 yards in full auto. Makes a huge difference and drops the cycle rate about 150 to 200 rds a min slower . I haven't had a feed issue on the newer upper as bad as the old 1. Added the buffer on the new 1 and no more feed or hammer following issues with the new upper. Had the H3 buffer in the new 1 at first. then switched it out.

Why would the buffer make that much difference to accuracy? Just cycle rate?

Sounds good, I am sure willing to give it a try. I will order one and see how it is!

I wish I could talk about my FA.....

There are very few of us that did not feel that way at some point. Most of us had to give up a good bit to get into FA. I had to sell a bunch of stuff to get into the gun you see in this video. If its something you want in, you can make it happen. Just have to sell some stuff and not buy anything for a good while!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It effects accuracy by less recoil. With the H#3 and without the tripod the gun has enough recoil to muzzle climb. With the hydraulic buffer its more like a .22 and is extremely controllable. Give it a try and see what you think.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Looking at your pictures, your running it fairly dry, SAWs like the Medium weight oil/grease...its white in color the milspec stuff...that's why your brass is banged up...SAWs love to be wet...to dry and they eat ammo...

Also SAWs like to eat magazines especially the followers...always have when I shot them...

Suggestion
    5.56 M855 Linked ammo for SAW, Shrike, Ares etc. 200 Rd Cartridges....Packed 1600 Linked Rds.

Available at half way down the page.

http://www.unammo.com/#Services

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-22-68/c01.htm

Attachments

• 556Saw1600rdCase.jpg
      556Saw1600rdCase.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 513
    Last edited:

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Take that thing goose hunting. Setup a blind, have someone call em in, and just fire away. (not srs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I heard from a dealer who has sold 5 or 6 of the fn 249s that fn will only produce 1000 of these a year.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have shot it quite a bit. 100% reliability with both belt and steel magazines. I haven't reported because there is really nothing to report. The manual is very specific in multiple places saying that only brass cased ammunition is to be used. Judging by how many brass shavings are strewn about the mechanism, I concur with their recommendation. It was not designed for steel cases. While I feel that it would work fine, I also feel that it would be hard on parts over time. As much money as this thing cost, I think I'll just spring for brass cased rounds. At some point, I will post pictures of the front end disassembled just as I did with the rear.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Thanks for the update! THERE getting like hens teeth out there since it's election time

Feb 28, 2013
    I just picked this up today. It's still covered in cosmoline and the barrel is still plugged with cardboard in these pictures because I just unboxed it and got it home. The pictures aren't the best but I'll do better when I do an in-depth look at it. It seems to be pretty well built. Being that it's current issue, I assume it will work; it better as much as I shelled out for it! We'll see. There is a guy at the local range who doesn't like semi-autos and doesn't think they should be allowed at the club. This should get under his skin a little when I show up with a 500 round belt. :rolleyes:

Tell that durn fool I said "eat shit", then git a few pics of the look on his face as yer blastin' through that 500 rd belt. :evilgrin3:

Cool new toy. Enjoy wit' my blessin'. :thumbsup:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    "There is a guy at the local range who doesn't like semi-autos and doesn't think they should be allowed at the club. This should get under his skin a little when I show up with a 500 round belt. "

So I guess M1 Garands shouldn't be allowed?
    Idiot

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "There is a guy at the local range who doesn't like semi-autos and doesn't think they should be allowed at the club. This should get under his skin a little when I show up with a 500 round belt. "

Idiot

Does he hate that new-fangled smokeless powder, too?

Feb 28, 2013

Idiot

A Garand wouldn't be a semi auto in the aforementioned idjit's mind. Only the ones that look like MG's count.:rolleyes:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Got to play with the Paratrooper model a bit on Friday. I must say it's sweeter than the pictures in person! '!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I was looking at one of those. I like the shorter barrel but I don't need one. The problem is that all of the adjustments are on the rear sight and so, when you swap barrels, the sights will potentially be off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom