• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    A friend of mine asked me to find out if he can buy a semi auto AR-15 in MD, or have it shipped to a MD ffl from PA.

So just wondering about this. Thanks.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    yes, he can buy it here. HBAR (Heavy-Barrelled AR) rifles are NICS cash 'n carry, standard barrels are 7-day wait & MSP paperwork "regulated firearms." Try Continental Arms in Timonium for the Baltimore area, the Gun Rack in Montgomery County for that neck of the woods. Both good trustworthy dealers.

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    yes, he can buy it here. HBAR (Heavy-Barrelled AR) rifles are NICS cash 'n carry, standard barrels are 7-day wait & MSP paperwork "regulated firearms." Try Continental Arms in Timonium for the Baltimore area, the Gun Rack in Montgomery County for that neck of the woods. Both good trustworthy dealers.

Pick the brains of our AR builders at Continental and White Marsh. They will never send you in the wrong direction.

-Andy

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The only things banned in MD are what is called "assault pistols" (like UZI pistols). No rifles are banned, but some are regulated (like UZI rifles).

Speaking of which... What should I go for next - an ultra evil, black assault UZI carbine with a mock silencer over the long barrel, or the Taurus PT1911? :D (birthday is about 5-6 weeks away).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Speaking of which... What should I go for next - an ultra evil, black assault UZI carbine with a mock silencer over the long barrel, or the Taurus PT1911? :D (birthday is about 5-6 weeks away).

I would get the Uzi. There will always be 1911's around, but seems to me that companies only manufacture Uzi clones every now and then and then they get scarce and get expensive.
    :o

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I would get the Uzi. There will always be 1911's around, but seems to me that companies only manufacture Uzi clones every now and then and then they get scarce and get expensive.
    :o

Your logic is strong. I'll put the 1911 off till x-mas when I get more cash :D Also, I can SBR it if I want, make it that much more evil...

jay76

Jan 15, 2010
    I'm not from MD, but was curious, is there anything that can't be on an AR (IE colapsable stock, flash supressor etc)?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I'm not from MD, but was curious, is there anything that can't be on an AR (IE colapsable stock, flash supressor etc)?

Nope if you can put it on the platform it is legal (sound suppressor is federally regulated but still legal in maryland).

You can even get and own hi-capacity magazines (20+ round count) as long as you physically leave state lines to bring them back with you on person.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

Basically no, but there are esoteric exceptions for instance a barrel that is not a HBAR or an upper that is not an HBAR may....or may not....make it a firearm certain persons cannot possess ( a non "HBAR" AR prohibits people under 21 without someone over 21's supervision [generally], people who are not prohibitted from owning firearms federally generally because of a disqualifying crime but are for MD regulated, a person adjucated a mental deficient [i.e. nuts]).
    Also for a Ruger mini 14 it cannot have a collapsible stock or else it becomes a so called "regulated firearm" and an SKS cannot have a non-fixed magazine.
    Other than that, the MD restrictions have nothing to do with listed banned features being attached and even for the features for the three or so listed exceptions it is allowed unless you are someone who has to worry about possession because of age or criminal record.

I am not a lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom