• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    how are the colts compared to the sigs?

myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    I just recently got into firearms. Bought my first handgun back in 2013. I am registered to vote, I am not an NRA/MSI/Local member

myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    so would md law also prohibit the sig 516 (some people were saying it might be okay because it was gas piston operated)?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I just recently got into firearms. Bought my first handgun back in 2013. I am registered to vote, I am not an NRA/MSI/Local member

Awesome, now you need to join a pro gun organization that helps protect the 2A rights. I also suggest the 2A Tuesday in Feb as well as start emailing your reps, etc.

There is a lot of information on the questions you are asking by using the search function ( a lot of people miss it, its at the top right side of your screen)

A lot of people around here love to help out newbies (I was one of them) but they appreciate even more seeing new people help with the fight.

Welcome to mdshooters

myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    does anyone know how the Annapolis/Timonium Gun Shows are. Is it cheaper than buying from local gun shops? They should have HBAR ARs...right?

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    does anyone know how the Annapolis/Timonium Gun Shows are. Is it cheaper than buying from local gun shops? They should have HBAR ARs...right?

My wife suprised me with an AR for Christmas. She got it at the Annapolis show. So yes, they have them at the shows. Don't know about prices.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    New member , very first post talks about workarounds of Md law , and proposes TWO different illegal schemes ?

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia

Stay away from gun shows, in my opinion. At one time you may have been able to save some money, nowadays pretty much everything is overpriced and you're not as likely to get good customer service in the long run.

Go to 2A Sales and Supplies in Jessup. They're a SIG Sauer stocking dealer and will be able to answer any questions you have. If they don't have what you want in stock, they will be able to get it for you. Provided, of course, that it's Maryland legal.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md

"New member , very first post talks about workarounds of Md law , and proposes TWO different illegal schemes ?"

Call the Maryland State Police, period. You are stepping way too far into illegal activity, which is also banned on this forum.

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    When are people in this forum going to learn?

Don't answer the newbs questions regarding illegal or "workarounds" regarding SB281/FSA2013.

For all you know, it could be a plant, a legislative member, etc trying to close things.

But to just keep your trap shut. If someone wants to know, they'll figure it out.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    When are people in this forum going to learn?

Don't answer the newbs questions regarding illegal or "workarounds" regarding SB281/FSA2013.

For all you know, it could be a plant, a legislative member, etc trying to close things.

But to just keep your trap shut. If someone wants to know, they'll figure it out.

I have to ask,

What is the true level of concern over this? Of course I wouldn't advise someone to do something illegal, because that would be lousy for me to do whether there was a "plant" or not.

Based on my reading, some of these answers have been wrong or partly wrong (I only know this because I have a Sig M400 and did some research about them last year), but not have advised illegal activity. In fact the consensus I see here so far is "you can't do that because it's illegal."

To the point though: Has anyone ever actually seen a confirmed legislator's plant or lackey actually come to this forum to ask loaded questions and obtain political fodder?

I'm new here. I'm sure I've asked a boneheaded question before, and my word carries exactly 0 weight, which I get. However, if people who don't know and are new can't ask any questions, doesn't that somewhat kill the point of a forum?

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    To the point though: Has anyone ever actually seen a confirmed legislator's plant or lackey actually come to this forum to ask loaded questions and obtain political fodder?

I'm new here. I'm sure I've asked a boneheaded question before, and my word carries exactly 0 weight, which I get. However, if people who don't know and are new can't ask any questions, doesn't that somewhat kill the point of a forum?

There was a fella here last year that made a "threat" not even related to this forum.

He was arrested, his posts here showed up in the news and was used for not only media but political theater. So to answer your question, yes.

The problem is, if political lackeys are here, and they're asking these type of questions, to try and cover the bases for Legislation 2014, it's best to not outright give them the answers to their question(s), don't you agree?

Or should we just hand them 2A and say "do as you wish.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom