• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You and the group of survivors have just barged into a military arsenal somehow. All you find is a shitload of 5.56, 30rd mags, and a rack of rifles. There are M16s and M4s only, plastic hand guards and carry handles, with slings. No accessories. You will need this rifle to fend off zombies and roving gangs of other non infected humans. For the sake of keeping things easy let's just say they are both semi/burst capable. Accessories will be found elsewhere down the road. For now you go stock. No extras, there just so happens to be enough rifles for one each. You have a few vehicles right now but theres no telling how long you will have them. Any moment you could be forced to go on foot.

What do you take? M4 or M16 (standard barrel lengths apply)

Last edited:

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    probably M4, better for close quarters and pretty much as good at some longer distances as the M16. The extra maneuverability would be useful. If we were strictly going to be out in the open in rural areas (woods, mountains), then I would go M16.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Dr. Jones,

ONLY for the sake of it being more compact (collapsible shoulder stock and 4" shorter barrel), I'll take the M4, please, and as many magazines and ammo as my old, tired, fat self can carry!

IF we're traveling by truck, several M4(s) and as much ammo and magazines as the vehicle could haul.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Having operating in and around vehicles with an M4 and with people using an M16, I'll take the M4. The shorter barrel and collapsible stock make an M4 much easier to carry into and out of vehicles. Plus, at the ranges where an M16 outshoots an M4, you're better off breaking contact and moving away from the threat. And every ounce saved in weapon weight can be used for carrying more bullets.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I would arm the sentries with M16s, the rest get M4s.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I am taking a m4 and all the ammo I can carry. If I am part of a group and we have transport we take all of it!

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I'd be more concerned about hauling off as much ammo as possible than which one to pick. I'd take the M4 though.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    If you watch Falling Skies.....you go to the Arsenal and take everything to fend of the Aliens or Zombies. I would back up the pick up truck, take the M4, M16, accessories and ammo.

take it all

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    M4 Please.

Im just glad they wont have Daniel Defense or Troy Rails on them.

Most models from those Manufacturers are un-secure, overpriced pieces of shit!

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    M4 and as much ammo as I can carry.

Ounces=pounds and pounds=pain.

No point in adding extra ounces when the M4 with iron sights can be used at distances I can effectively engage at.

I'm also assuming that at some point we may have to go on foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom