Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old September 26th, 2018, 09:42 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry M View Post
Except in two counties Baltimore and I believe Fredrick. Why are those two counties different? Who knows???
who knows.. but you also cant shoot a "gun" in howard county. which is defined as a device that expells a projectile thru a barrel by means of: air, compressed air, gas, explosion, spring.. (several more).

Being a bit of a troll a couple years ago, i wrote to the sherif. He agreed that w/ how the law/rules are written.. a spitball shot out of a McDonalds straw.. was considered a GUN in howard county.
Moorvogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 10:06 AM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorvogi View Post
who knows.. but you also cant shoot a "gun" in howard county. which is defined as a device that expells a projectile thru a barrel by means of: air, compressed air, gas, explosion, spring.. (several more).

Being a bit of a troll a couple years ago, i wrote to the sherif. He agreed that w/ how the law/rules are written.. a spitball shot out of a McDonalds straw.. was considered a GUN in howard county.
I had a similar experience with someone at the Howard County Police Dept. who called a .177 pellet a missile and said it was no different than any other round
Old September 26th, 2018, 05:49 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorvogi View Post

No, the stupid ordinance says you canít do that within 300yds or an occupied dwelling, unless you are in a tree stand at least 10 feet off the ground or using a shotgun loaded with shot, then it is 150yds.

Or you are doing it in a basement.

But yes, it technically covers spitball guns, nerf guns and pellet guns.

Surprisingly there doesnít appear to be any ordinance against firing arrows from a bow or crossbow (no barrel) other than the hunting restrictions. But if not hunting...
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2018, 08:13 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
No, the stupid ordinance says you canít do that within 300yds or an occupied dwelling, unless you are in a tree stand at least 10 feet off the ground or using a shotgun loaded with shot, then it is 150yds.

Or you are doing it in a basement.

But yes, it technically covers spitball guns, nerf guns and pellet guns.

Surprisingly there doesnít appear to be any ordinance against firing arrows from a bow or crossbow (no barrel) other than the hunting restrictions. But if not hunting...
the spot i was in was my father in laws back yard.. but when i say back yard it was near the rock quarry. i had permission from the rock quarry to hunt there and it was several hundred yards from another building. no biggy. i still pulled 13 out w/ a bow in one year then someone stole my stand...
Moorvogi is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports