• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Boat. Last weeks haul was over 40 perch. When they are on they are on. As soon as the sun got high in the sky it was like a switch went off and they were done.
    Yeah went early and had cloud cover and did real well - once it got sunny we only caught 2 or 3 more... It's real nice at Violettes Lock - have you ever been?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yeah went early and had cloud cover and did real well - once it got sunny we only caught 2 or 3 more... It's real nice at Violettes Lock - have you ever been?

Not yet. Just getting back into fishing after taking the last 20 years or so off. I'll check it out though :thumbsup:

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Not yet. Just getting back into fishing after taking the last 20 years or so off. I'll check it out though
    I'm a pretty decent "guide" which is what happens when I fish with someone - I try and steady or beach or stabilize the canoe so they get a few shots at a decent pool.
    You are welcome any time, I saw Baltimore Orioles flying for the very 1st time there. It's almost magical.
    It's called Seneca Breaks and today at about 4 Foot on the gauge at Little Falls was pretty sporty for my Old Town Tripper '17.
    About 30+ years old. The Canoe. We could surf this canoe on waves that don't exist a lower levels....here and there where I never surfed before, water level is UP!
    Pretty Awesome
    Mark

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Talk about refreshing fishing. It was so hot on the morning of the 4th we went to Antietam creek. We left the kayaks home and waded. The 90 some degree was actually enjoyable when your either between knee deep to soaking the boys in 65 degree water. We got a private spot on the farm we hunt below Devil's backbone. Smallmouth, fallfish and the occasional trout.

After lunch the storm came through, the temp dropped the fish lit up. The winds below leaves off the trees into the creek and I suddenly wanted to be ina tree with a bow. :D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Got up at 4:15 yesterday to catch the morning bite.
    Got to the first cove and my prop fell off.
    Grabbed the spare prop out of the boat box and discovered a spare prop is no good without a nut.
    Literally I took off my hat to scratch my head and watched my brand new sunglasses fly into the water.
    Paddled the jon boat back to the launch and went home and managed to squirt some jalapeño juice in my eye...twice.
    I’m glad to be back to work today.

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    One of the nicer bass from today. Will this redeem me Chris?

Attachments

• IMG_2863.jpg
      IMG_2863.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 198

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Got up at 4:15 yesterday to catch the morning bite.
    Got to the first cove and my prop fell off.
    Grabbed the spare prop out of the boat box and discovered a spare prop is no good without a nut.
    Literally I took off my hat to scratch my head and watched my brand new sunglasses fly into the water.
    Paddled the jon boat back to the launch and went home and managed to squirt some jalapeño juice in my eye...twice.
    I’m glad to be back to work today.

Lol I’m sorry Brian but you made me laugh

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    560D5689-29D9-46DE-B290-BEDB7C90A84B.jpg

Had a small group onboard today. We left at 5AM, anchored around 6AM, and even being selective on what went in the box, had their limit and released a bunch by 7:30.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Had a small group onboard today. We left at 5AM, anchored around 6AM, and even being selective on what went in the box, had their limit and released a bunch by 7:30.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Jigging or chumming?

I put in at Ft Smallwood Park for the 1st time on the 4th, it's a nice setup. I took the kids out tubing/skiing this time, so I'll have to go back and fish it sometime. I generally go out in the middle bay so it would be fun to try some upper bay fishing.

Do you ever have charters looking for an extra?

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Nice! Jigging or chumming?

I put in at Ft Smallwood Park for the 1st time on the 4th, it's a nice setup. I took the kids out tubing/skiing this time, so I'll have to go back and fish it sometime. I generally go out in the middle bay so it would be fun to try some upper bay fishing.

Do you ever have charters looking for an extra?[/QUOTE]

We are chumming right now. The rockfish are on the upper bay this time of the year. Everyday the charters departing from as far as Chesapeake Beach are running to the upper bay.
    I don’t often have groups that look for extras. I’ve done a few trips of groups from here as “make up” trips. We have some open days this week!

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Super excited to be going out on the TEASER with ChrisD (aka Captain Chris) on Sunday with my two kids. Hope the weather holds up. Daughter is a tad nervous being out on the Bay. Both kids know my best friend in the world died in a Boating accident several years ago in FL.
    None of us have ever been on a charter before nor fished from a boat. I enjoy fishing but by no means am I good at it. Each year my fathers day wish is to go fishing with my kids. Always shore fishing. Last several years we got skunked wherever we went, Rocky Gorge, Choptank River Bridge/Pier, Pax River at Solomons. However its always good to spend time with my kids.
    This year I wanted to be sure we caught fish and had fun. So using the recommendations from MDS I saved my money and booked with ChrisD. Hope to post pics of success Sunday evening.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Super excited to be going out on the TEASER with ChrisD (aka Captain Chris) on Sunday with my two kids. Hope the weather holds up. Daughter is a tad nervous being out on the Bay. Both kids know my best friend in the world died in a Boating accident several years ago in FL.
    None of us have ever been on a charter before nor fished from a boat. I enjoy fishing but by no means am I good at it. Each year my fathers day wish is to go fishing with my kids. Always shore fishing. Last several years we got skunked wherever we went, Rocky Gorge, Choptank River Bridge/Pier, Pax River at Solomons. However its always good to spend time with my kids.
    This year I wanted to be sure we caught fish and had fun. So using the recommendations from MDS I saved my money and booked with ChrisD. Hope to post pics of success Sunday evening.

Good Luck on your fishing trip with your kids! Thinking you're going to learn a lot, and will likely catch some fish as well!

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    Just finished fishing the creek behind the house with my almost 3 and almost 5 year olds. Had a blast in the sand and mud as usual, but caught our first smallmouth (6 incher) back there. I was more stoked than the kids.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Thanks Chriss for fishing with us today! We had a bit of a rough ride across the bay this morning, but when we got there it was steady action. And we managed to squeeze the trip in between the rough weather! Post up some pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom