• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    Which number did you call?

Just called 410-653-4465 to see what's up. He said the checklist was likely taken down because people were using it to purchase firearms before they received the card. I am not entirely sure how but that is at least some explanation as to why it is no longer available.

My status says pending but he checked and said it is active for me and that the card would be sent out with the next printed batch. No ETA given for the batch.

cyanider

Dec 30, 2013
    Same boat here - status: pending, checklist link missing. Applied approx. a week ago. I'm betting it's a bug of some sort... which is likely with how awful the website is!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Same boat here - status: pending, checklist link missing. Applied approx. a week ago. I'm betting it's a bug of some sort... which is likely with how awful the website is!
    I'm a week out too. We had a least one snow day plus a holiday. My guess is that if everything on the check list was present, but still pending, they got too many calls, but who knows?
    Calling to find out you are approved, without any way to prove that, doesn't really you very far.

Last edited:

Phillipw39

May 27, 2013
    Gaithersburg
    I have mine now and am ready to make a new purchase. It will be interesting to see if I get the same quick 'not denied' as people have been seeing when they have the HQL. At some point I expect our ******* government to start screwing HQL holders the same way they did me/us last year.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Another Active 2/3 and still waiting. I was wondering if that stuff about them being done in "batches" was true of maybe happening at the end of the month, but then, how did sonicnofadz get his after activating 2/6??? :mad54:

kawazx636

Feb 13, 2014
    Salisbury, MD
    Just called MSP (410-653-4465) this morning to check on my status and missing checklist. The guy on the phone was extremely pleasant and informative. He said that I was approved and went active on 2/14/2014 (Applied on 2/6/2014). He even went on to say that my card had been printed, processed through the quality control check and just needs to be stuffed and mailed. He also told me that I was actually the first person in that particular batch (there are apparently batches for those who were wondering) that was printed. It sucks that I wasn't the last person on the previous batch LOL. So if any of you call in to MSP, this is some of the information that you can expect to receive. My guess is that I'm about a week out from receiving the card in the mail and then I'm one step closer to being "allowed" to exercise my 2nd Amendment Right...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Nice! I had to call msp about my designated collector status and I was pleasantly surprised by how helpful and easy to deal with they were :thumbsup:

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    Applied for my HQL on Saturday Feb 1 and HQL site shows active as of Feb 3 still waiting for card or certificate. Sent email this morning asking for update of status of either receiving card or emailed certificate

kawazx636

Feb 13, 2014
    Salisbury, MD
    Nice! I had to call msp about my designated collector status and I was pleasantly surprised by how helpful and easy to deal with they were :thumbsup:

I should have asked them about that when I called. I have my designated collector status as well, but with the new laws are there any changes with that?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I should have asked them about that when I called. I have my designated collector status as well, but with the new laws are there any changes with that?

Ive heard that they like to see that you already own a handgun or have c&r before they issue you the DC letter. I admit, it looks a tad bit funny to say you are a collector when on paper you may not have any firearms yet, lol.

kawazx636

Feb 13, 2014
    Salisbury, MD
    Ive heard that they like to see that you already own a handgun or have c&r before they issue you the DC letter. I admit, it looks a tad bit funny to say you are a collector when on paper you may not have any firearms yet, lol.

I've had mine for a couple years now. I just got it because I tend to buy multiple regulated firearms at a local annual gun auction so I wanted to circumvent the 30 day waiting period between regulated purchases - I basically I didn't want to have to choose favorites in deciding which gun to take home first. No need to make my guns jealous of each other HaHa

GRC911

May 2, 2013
    Harford County
    Just called MSP (410-653-4465) this morning to check on my status and missing checklist. The guy on the phone was extremely pleasant and informative. He said that I was approved and went active on 2/14/2014 (Applied on 2/6/2014). He even went on to say that my card had been printed, processed through the quality control check and just needs to be stuffed and mailed. He also told me that I was actually the first person in that particular batch (there are apparently batches for those who were wondering) that was printed. It sucks that I wasn't the last person on the previous batch LOL. So if any of you call in to MSP, this is some of the information that you can expect to receive. My guess is that I'm about a week out from receiving the card in the mail and then I'm one step closer to being "allowed" to exercise my 2nd Amendment Right...

Two questions, Does your online status say pending and did you ask for HQL number? I am waiting for my number so I can get started on some paperwork for my new purchase.

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    Just checked the mail and my HQL ID arrived today. Submitted on Feb 1,activated on the Feb 3, mailed from MSP on the Feb 11, arrived on Feb 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom