• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrsnel

Mar 1, 2019
    North east md
    Hello all. Me and my buddy decided to do 80 % pistol biulds he started his and got it done. He got a 80% full kit biuld for glock 26 we took it to shoot and it shot OK but we noticed the slide kept rubbing somewhere inside. If u racked the slide and let it go the slide would close in like SLow mo and would catch somewere and would not come all the way back. We took it apart but didn't see any noticeable marks or rubs. Does any body have any tricks of the trade to see where it's rubbing/ catching. I was thinking of using dykum layout color like machinist use on the frame to see where the slide is hitting. I'm not sure if it will stain the frame???

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Probably the rails are just tight and need to be broken in. I doubt the slide is touching the frame. You could color on the rails to see of there are high spots. Sharpie would work just as well as dykem i think. Maybe polish the rails up or just rack it a whole bunch until it wears in.

I've built more than a dozen of these so far with a few kits at the house still in pieces. It needs to be broken in and you can do it the cheap way or you can do it the expensive way. The expensive way is go to the range and run about five hundred rounds through it or you can do it the cheap way which is what I do. Find a good show on TV maybe pour yourself a cold one if you're so inclined sit back in a chair and rack that slide back and forth several hundred times and then when it starts to feel a bit looser rack it back and let it go forward on its own a few hundred times. Trust me you'll know when you've got it broken in

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom