• ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    NRA's trouble=Wayne's Attitude.

Period.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    If Wayne gave a rats a$$ about the NRA or it’s mission or it’s membership he would step down willingly now before it gets worse......we shall see but his power trip may be too strong for him to do what needs to be done

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Just a gut feeling after reading their bios.

It's usually easier to be a PITA from inside an organization. Makes me think they left before the axe fell, and are trying to put a cherry on top. One of the remaining board members wrote an article this morning painting WLP as a Bloomberg smear victim, and exposing the NRAs recently fired PR firm's "improper relationship" with some unnamed board members.

I'm keeping an open mind and collect more facts for now, as I did during the last purge.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well as much as the dems and lefts chide and berate the NRA, that means they are def doing something and are feared, and we need something done (keeping and expanding 2A). so i sure hope that if in fact there is big trouble (and not just a smear campaign or the like going on), it gets fixed quick.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The NRA is the armed wing of the country club Republicans. Stuck in perpetual defense , scared of their own shadow.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So rich people won’t give money to the NRA unless he’s going on $38,000 shopping trips for clothes?
    His champagne taste was for his own ego. I think in broad terms, NRA members are everyday people who are concerned about their gun rights. The fancy pants dress up is a turn off. I would be interested to know though how much of their budget is raised through dues vs. big donors.

It is what it is. Been there done that. You can't show up at a fundraiser in Payless shoes and a Sears suit. If you are mingling with someone cutting a large check, you have to dress the way they expect, like a job interview only more important. This applies triple to any fundraiser in CA.

I have many many criticisms of WLP, but this is not one.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    We need a strong, healthy NRA now more than ever. They're not perfect, but they're rich and influential. The antis are gaining strength every day.
    Nailed it!

I'm a life member and really troubled by all of this.

BUT

I went to David Trone's "gun violence prevention" meeting and they all whined a bunch about the NRA and the NRA's influence. That alone is enough to keep my support!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Bump W.L.P Can he be voted out? What are other organizations that are out there?

WLP was just unanimously re-upped by the board. There are no other organizations with anything even beginning to approach the clout of the NRA (and more importantly, the SEPARATE organizations, NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF).

Yes, we need some new blood. It would be nice if it didn't give the Demanding Mom types more fodder by that involving a Julius Caesar style leadership transition.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know what to say about this. Is Wayne a Mini Hitler? Are there finally SJWs on the BoD? It would seem that many of the complaints about Wayne have been backed up by reports. So I really don't know what to think. Since Wayne has stayed silent on this matter, I think there may be some truth to these accusations. Since Wayne's power doesn't seem to come from the office he holds, I wonder why the BoD doesn't vote him out of his position. So, I wonder if there's not a LOT more to this problem than we know.

Are we seeing the reaper standing at the doorway to the NRA?

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    How about we get a VP that actually knows about guns for once? I think that might do a lot as well.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    You really think it requires a quarter of a million dollars worth of clothing to raise money?? From gun owners who dress like gun owners? That's F ing ridiculous

If I raise $1 million dollars and expense $50,000 for my new toy loosely connected to the shoot I went to with the donor, not a single BoD in the world will say no. And I guarantee if you were on the board, you would approve the expense too. If you didn't your org would never bring in money, because fundraising is not "here is the check." Been there done that. That literally take 5 seconds. Fundraisers and lobbying is 90% hobnobbing and socializing with people who want to be made to feel like bigshots.

Look at the expense report of any rainmaker, you probably wont like it. Clothes, shoes, cars, toys, strip clubs, Club Med, whatever it is. The question is: how much money do they bring in? If they bring in a lot more than they expense, you keep them and sign the expense report.

As I said, I have about 4000 criticisms of WLP even before this... I think he should have retired well before 2016. This is not one of them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Look at the expense report of any rainmaker, you probably wont like it.

And never mind the rainmakers. Look at how much a lot of high profile non-profits spend to drag in every dollar they actually get to put to work towards their putative goal/agenda. If it costs $100k in suits/whatever to raise $1m, that's a BARGAIN compared to the day in, day out stupefying overhead for most orgs that rely on farmed out call centers and the like. They're lucky to keep $100k out of $1m raised by the people sitting in their shorts making phone calls and sending out mailers.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    And never mind the rainmakers. Look at how much a lot of high profile non-profits spend to drag in every dollar they actually get to put to work towards their putative goal/agenda. If it costs $100k in suits/whatever to raise $1m, that's a BARGAIN compared to the day in, day out stupefying overhead for most orgs that rely on farmed out call centers and the like. They're lucky to keep $100k out of $1m raised by the people sitting in their shorts making phone calls and sending out mailers.

Good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom