• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    How can that be, private guns are outlawed in Chicago?

This is nothing more than sensationalizing gang violence.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims families.

adamwzl

Aug 1, 2011
    Eastern Shore / Annapolis
    Reading that article is hard. So many innocent harmed by worthless criminals..

Prayers for the victims and their families.

Inigoes - That's what I don't understand as well, how could of that even happened with all the gun control laws in place. :innocent0

krucam

Ultimate Member
    This is not that unusual, unfortunately, for Chicago. Usually the middle of the Summer is the worst, but the area has been very warm (80's) lately so the gangs are out.

I love Chicago, really. Lots of family, a ton of things to do. You get used to the sound of the occasional gun shot. You never get used to senseless murders of innocent children.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I'm sure all those shooters would be first in line to get a ccw permit. Again trying to keep the law abiding citizen unarmed.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    How do gangs get so much money and power and why do they fight "turf wars" and try to kill each other?
    Hmmm... Chicago really could learn from their own history during the 1920's and 30's.
    At least they got the young killers.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    For crying out loud...

[sarcasm=1]

Hey Chicago, hows those anti-gun laws working out for you?

:lol2:

[sarcasm=0]

Knuckleheads...

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I was curious so...here ya go. Looks pretty isolated to one area to me...much like most of Baltimore.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
      temp.jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 410

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    They could stop crime if they simply outlawed criminal actions. Maybe a couple "No Guns" signs would help too?

But seriously, they need to get the drugs, drug profits and gangs out.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Not sure how many of you are aware, but Cook County, the county Chicago resides in has been hit hard with local Police layoffs of local Chicago municiple Police departments therefore having to stretch Chicago Police and Cook County Sheriff's Office extremely thin!

Not surprised by anything mentioned in that story, but it is heartwrenching to hear about little kids getting killed, and innocent people getting gunned down! I am appalled but not surprised at some of your responses regarding a stupid CCW in a State most of you do not even reside in with the exception of 1 or 2 people. Get real folks!

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    Not sure how many of you are aware, but Cook County, the county Chicago resides in has been hit hard with local Police layoffs of local Chicago municiple Police departments therefore having to stretch Chicago Police and Cook County Sheriff's Office extremely thin!

Not surprised by anything mentioned in that story, but it is heartwrenching to hear about little kids getting killed, and innocent people getting gunned down! I am appalled but not surprised at some of your responses regarding a stupid CCW in a State most of you do not even reside in with the exception of 1 or 2 people. Get real folks!

I think you missed their point

m'eh, none of them were killed by a white-looking Latino guy with a Jewish-sounding name who happened to be on a Neighborhood Watch committe.

All those black folks were just killed by other plain ol' black folks, so really, those black folks are not as dead as the kid in FL, and the black folks who killed them aren't as much of a murderer as that Zimmerman guy.

You don't see Al Sharpton in Chicago calling for them to be arrested, do you?

One can infer from this that black lives are only of value when they are killed by someone outside their race. If I were black, that kind of thing would really piss me off. The only way I could expect anyone to take any interest in my death would be if I were "lucky" enough to be killed by a white or latino guy. But if I got killed by a guy that looked just like me, well, nobody gives a damn.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I am appalled but not surprised at some of your responses regarding a stupid CCW in a State most of you do not even reside in with the exception of 1 or 2 people. Get real folks!

I too am appalled.

There are (illegally) armed hoodlums running around shooting innocent victims whom the local govt has forcefully disarmed and is not able to adequately protect.

That is why there are so many responses about CCW. If a hoodlum has to worry about a victim defending himself, fewer people will get shot.

Rob

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    I think you missed their point
    Nope, clearly I understood, hence my response, perhaps you missed mine.

m'eh, none of them were killed by a white-looking Latino guy with a Jewish-sounding name who happened to be on a Neighborhood Watch committe.

All those black folks were just killed by other plain ol' black folks, so really, those black folks are not as dead as the kid in FL, and the black folks who killed them aren't as much of a murderer as that Zimmerman guy.

You don't see Al Sharpton in Chicago calling for them to be arrested, do you?

One can infer from this that black lives are only of value when they are killed by someone outside their race. If I were black, that kind of thing would really piss me off. The only way I could expect anyone to take any interest in my death would be if I were "lucky" enough to be killed by a white or latino guy. But if I got killed by a guy that looked just like me, well, nobody gives a damn.
    So what is your point? Various ethnicities of people shooting one another? One being more important than the other? The rest of what you wrote is nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom